UKBouldering.com

Gibbering Wreck (Read 1660 times)

Tommy G

• regular
Gibbering Wreck
August 06, 2008, 05:00:34 pm
I would really like to get this done when the cold weather comes in!

Is there any sneaky beta/distinct sequences for it?

I have seen Sam do it on Winter Sessions but I am afraid to say he is a beast so his method might not suit me!
This is unless this the way and then I will just have to man up!

Any ideas?

Cheers

mini

• forum abuser
  • A not so
#1 Re: Gibbering Wreck
August 06, 2008, 06:37:59 pm
Get upto the top of the flake, then follows one of two options;

A - sort out feet and go up with right hand up into the pocket below the break. I personally feel as the though the pocket is more positive this way, and would be my approach if I ever had the balls to go for it!

B - (poss Sam's way, I don't have Winter sessions to check) Throw over with left hand into pocket.

I have seen method A used more than B, either way it is a big move and relies on sorting feet out for the big yard up. Have a play and feel for yourself is the best answer.

AndiT

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Gibbering Wreck
August 06, 2008, 07:04:18 pm
Getting the pocket is OK once you've sussed your feet, the next move is tricky though. A tiny toe lock (left in flake) helps bring your other hand up, feels marginal. I've seen it done by a very open drop knee too.

Tommy G

• regular
#3 Re: Gibbering Wreck
August 07, 2008, 11:19:14 am
Cheers chaps that sounds awesome.

I have been and had a look and it is pretty high (guess thats part of the appeal really).
Thanks for the beta, I guess the next stage is to go and get on the thing when the weather cools!  :bounce:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal