UKBouldering.com

The wednesday after work MTB riding thread (xc saddle sniffers) (Read 63090 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
important ride for me, seeing shoulder doc thurs.... injection and MRI time.... it's not looking good... might be out of climbing for a month... biking probs OK... if injection no good and MRI as bad as i reckon it will be i'm facing 6 months of rehab, 10 weeks off work and a serious weight gain...

Fatdoc on a diet ??

Don't try it. I'll jack your ass like a looter in a riot.

I have no idea what the hell that means..... and quite frankly I'm now just a little scared  :shrug:

I'll be keen for sunday, as long as the shoulder has got over it's needling!

mark

• forum abuser
important ride for me, seeing shoulder doc thurs.... injection and MRI time.... it's not looking good... might be out of climbing for a month... biking probs OK... if injection no good and MRI as bad as i reckon it will be i'm facing 6 months of rehab, 10 weeks off work and a serious weight gain...

Fatdoc on a diet ??

Don't try it. I'll jack your ass like a looter in a riot.

I have no idea what the hell that means..... and quite frankly I'm now just a little scared  :shrug:

I'll be keen for sunday, as long as the shoulder has got over it's needling!

I refer the honourable gentleman to the lyrics of a song by the beat combo "Cypress Hill" called "Insane in the Brain". I believe it was popular with the young people some years ago.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
ahhh....

just had 10mls of stuff pumped into my shoulder.... omg it hurt :o

good news is that on examination there is no other signif tear / rip so once acj less inflamed i'll be sampling the delights of this purrfect weather on bike and on the grit

sunday is a bit dodgy... see how i am....

fatkid2000

• junky
Fatdoc on the receiving end of a large needlle.... :lol:

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
6.30 Eccy Woods, whatever the weather.  Any takers?  Percy?

fatkid2000

• junky
Might make it but I've got late surgery so I'll probably miss you unless the traffic is considerably better than it has been the past few days.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com

Ah, actually I went out at lunchtime for a first experimental ride on my new bike - as I mentioned to tlr last night, I need a little practise working out how the bike works before I get sandbagged by you lot! Anyway, I had a great hour and a half in the Peak (houndkirk, devils elbow, etc, etc) and didn't die so when I get back from Moscow at the start of November, I'll try and get in a session or two with you big boys.

Oh, and I have just learnt how much easier MTB is compared to road biking. Piece of piss, although infrequently terrifying. The only down side is now I've got mud all over my lycra.... :o

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
Not for me tonight, although the weather has been dry most of the day out here in the Peak so it should be OK.

I have today realised that as my missus is going away for a few days tomorrow I'd best stay in with her and not come home muddy and smelling of beer at 10.30pm. And she's cooking a curry.

Still, should be out both days at the weekend if anyone is interested in joining me.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful

Ah, actually I went out at lunchtime for a first experimental ride on my new bike - as I mentioned to tlr last night, I need a little practise working out how the bike works before I get sandbagged by you lot! Anyway, I had a great hour and a half in the Peak (houndkirk, devils elbow, etc, etc) and didn't die so when I get back from Moscow at the start of November, I'll try and get in a session or two with you big boys.

Oh, and I have just learnt how much easier MTB is compared to road biking. Piece of piss, although infrequently terrifying. The only down side is now I've got mud all over my lycra.... :o

I'm gonna make you sooo regret that.... and you want it to me... coz norton will have you for that!!!!
I presume the devils elbow is in fact a swamp??

there is talk of an official clear up / drainage day planned by the wildlife Trust, once dates available I'll be go to give a hand / ensure the water bars can be kickered off etc...

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
Didn't do Devils elbow after all - after further consultation of a map I realise that DE is the lefthand of the two bridalways. I went down the righthand one which proved to be wet, steep, narrow and full of rocks. Still, just proves that its is possible to ride a mtb at speed with your eyes closed!

And mountain bikes with their big wide bars and tyres, plethora of pecker gears and safety brakes are easier to ride than road bikes, honest. Theres no way I'd have got my Lightspeed over Houndkirk! ;)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Didn't do Devils elbow after all - after further consultation of a map I realise that DE is the lefthand of the two bridalways. I went down the righthand one which proved to be wet, steep, narrow and full of rocks. Still, just proves that its is possible to ride a mtb at speed with your eyes closed!

And mountain bikes with their big wide bars and tyres, plethora of pecker gears and safety brakes are easier to ride than road bikes, honest. Theres no way I'd have got my Lightspeed over Houndkirk! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bridalway?  :o  Which lady did you have with you?  ;)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Well Perc, you were warned!!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
tonight?

looks bonza!!

no wind, yippee!!!

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
you'll be out tonight then Perc and Fatkid to show us how its done?

no, maybe not then  ;D

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
Percy is in Russia, so we'll have to wait for the masterclass in bridalwear riding.

I should be Ok for tonight.

fatkid2000

• junky
you'll be out tonight then Perc and Fatkid to show us how its done?

no, maybe not then  ;D

I've never said I'm good at this Mountain bike lark - in fact shit would be nearer the turth, however I can ride a road bike rather quickly up a hill as long as there is tarmac.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
once the disparity between you roadie climbing and MTB riding reduces I'm really rather looking foreward to a few side bets on Tlr vs fatkid climbing times....  ;)

i'll push, ta.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
see ya all in 2 weeks, off to sing.. for a wedding !!!

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
C'mon then boys, the winter training starts this week so we are fit enough for Yossarian's visit.  Who's up for it?

And does anyone know if the Crown is still open or do we need a new route.

fatkid2000

• junky
The doc tells me he's not riding in the peaks in its current water-logged condition.

I drove past the crown the other day & it looked open - has it shut down then???

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
OMFG

the best beer in south yorks is in jepordy???

I'm not sure on next 2 weds... working late / family committments...

oh, and if the weather's / trails are shit f8ck it... i'll turbo...

Yossarian

• forum hero
C'mon then boys, the winter training starts this week so we are fit enough for Yossarian's visit.  Who's up for it?

if you want to be ready for my visit then i suggest you all take up competitive lard eating.

and give a lung to charity.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero

if you want to be ready for my visit then i suggest you all take up competitive lard eating.

and give a lung to charity.

Sounds like we're ready then, well me and the Doc anyway.  Fatkid, tlr & Percy might object to that sentiment.

The Crown's lease is allegedly up for renewal and the current landlord ain't re-taking it, according to the Totley grapevine.  :pissed:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
oh well, the present tennant does seem to drink more than everyone i know put together
 :pissed:

i may ride tomorrow, but it wont b with the  big weds crew... i want my own docile steady pace on route of my choosing  :-[

fatkid2000

• junky
I went out for a local spin this evening and spent most of the time with the bottom bracket under-water - so have fun.

I'm on a diet to get my weight down for the sportive season - married life is damaging my waist line, so no lard or beer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal