UKBouldering.com

The wednesday after work MTB riding thread (xc saddle sniffers) (Read 62490 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Right peeps,

I reckon we've reached critical mass with regards to the number of texts and phone calls needed to get the wednesday ride organised. esp this week, so I'm trying out a tinterweb based organisation  :-\

I dont intend to be the organiser every week, but as I'm on holiday this week I'll be the one... :bow:

Sooo.........

here it is

time yet to be confirmed (18:30 to 19:00) but the ride I propose will be from the bottom of eccy woods, then into the peak for the *local* as most of us know it - with a detour on houndkirk and the route through blakka yet to be decided... - devils elbow perhaps.. or a new section aka jerrys... yes folks I said new section !!!!!

I know this week in particular there are tons of interested peeps, hence the omission of the *cough* trail near my house... and the relative short ride... though i have to say this could be a bit of a larf!

now, I have mobile's for fatkid, fbsf, norton, dolly (some hope), jerry (not on here) big G (not on here) but not MARK, so as he works shifts etc... someone txt it to me so be sure he gets an invite.

Once those of us that dont work fixed finishes to the working day have liased with me at approx 16:00 [ they have already been forwarned of this] everyone then gets a text with the start time confirmation!

Phew.....

and of course the real purpose of the public thread is  to invite one and all to play

anyone else??

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:56:35 pm by Bubba »

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
I'd certainly be up for riding after work.

However I can't do tonight as I seem to have been volounteered to babysit somebody elses baby so my missus can go to the pub with the mother  :shrug: Anybody got a childseat I could stick him on....?

Anyway, should be available next week.

Tim

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Shit, I hope that earns you mega brownie points.

Plattsy

• forum hero
I like the idea although I suspect I'd seriously lag behind. Oh I guess you're talking MTB in this thread?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
I'd certainly be up for riding after work.

However I can't do tonight as I seem to have been volounteered to babysit somebody elses baby so my missus can go to the pub with the mother  :shrug: Anybody got a childseat I could stick him on....?

Anyway, should be available next week.

Tim

next week i doubt I'll be available, unless the traffic is quiet back from legoland  :(

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Bubbs, or other admin, please edit thread to include the 'word' MTB in the title.
Just to be clear like.

Count me in.  Not sure what time I'll finish work so txt me start time and route and I'll try and catch you up or see you in the pub.

FD - have texted Marky Mark already but got no answer.  Maybe he's locked himself in ?  :whistle:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Bubbs, or other admin, please edit thread to include the 'word' MTB in the title.
Done :)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful

mark

• forum abuser
Just to be clear like.

Count me in.  Not sure what time I'll finish work so txt me start time and route and I'll try and catch you up or see you in the pub.

FD - have texted Marky Mark already but got no answer.  Maybe he's locked himself in ?  :whistle:

Haven't had my mobile turned on. Danged new contraption's confounding me. But I've got the message and I'm keen so will liaise with Nic and see you all later.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
super!

a local ride for local people!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
well, I thought that went well!

fatkid2000

• junky
well, I thought that went well!

Apart from NOT being able to ride my bike - oh well I'll learn. And I've found some new leg muscles - to make ache. BTW switch your phone off after this ride otherwise fatdoc will keep sending texts . The internet block thing at my new place of work is really anal - so I'll have to rely on the mobile to know if this going ahead etc in the future.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
I have 35 bites on my left elbow area alone......moral! dont have punctures on the moors as it goes dark just after its rained and its very humid.....
Also having no front brake, no working front mech mad it very interesting

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
f8ckin twat
I'm only jealous because i can't join you all :)

fatkid2000

• junky
I discovered my insect bitten arm this morning at work. Left arm 40 bites counted, right arm none. Left leg 20 bites, right leg none - very odd & infuriatingly itchy.

mark

• forum abuser
That was great fun. Can't remember my legs aching this much in a long while. The final grind up the hill to my house was miserably slow.

Won't be able to make Wednesday night for the next four weeks due to work and then holiday but I'll be keen to join in when I can. But the advantage of my shift pattern is that I'll be able to get out in daytime frequently.

How is this going to affect my climbing? I need to stash a mat out in the peak so I can cycle out with just shoes and chalkbag.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
sweet!

sunday, early...... fatkid's in.

home by one...

interested?

(classic Hope circuit probs)

mark

• forum abuser
sweet!

sunday, early...... fatkid's in.

home by one...

interested?

(classic Hope circuit probs)

Would love to but I'm working. Have fun.

fatkid2000

• junky
I need to remember to bring some kind of toxic insect repellent - my bites are driving me mad, and kept me awake lastnight - very odd how my right arm has been spared though

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
I'm on for a Sunday morning ride please, otherwise I'll just stay in bed. Weather looks better for Sunday rather than Saturday too.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
I need to remember to bring some kind of toxic insect repellent - my bites are driving me mad, and kept me awake lastnight - very odd how my right arm has been spared though
give some anti allergy stuff ago, I take clarityn after getting that badly bitten and it definitely calms them down

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Anti-histamines definitly help with bites.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal