UKBouldering.com

New mobile - advice sought (Read 6402 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Re: New mobile - advice sought
July 31, 2008, 01:57:51 pm
Received the new phone this morning and have been reading up on debranding, but just came across this thread which suggests that the Nokia Software Updater won't work if you use NSS to change the product code.
You could most likely get round this using an old version of the updater. As you say v21 rocks anyway.

You wouldn't like the N95's battery life then.
I've not found the battery life too bad really, especially if you turn off things like the constant scanning for wireless networks. I can get about 2 days on standby. I know that doesn't sound a lot but how often are you 2 days away from some sort of charger? The other thing I did was buy a spare (genuine) battery off ebay for about £8 which is great for piece of mind.

I dont really find it a brick, its not that much bigger than other phones out there, I cant really comment on the quality as I have only had it a week or so, but so far really impressed espesially with the GPS and internet, + I get free calls in europe which is a bonus
Nice one - glad you sorted the GPS. I don't find it a brick either - if you have fairly big hands then a lot of the smallest handsets are too small to be useful imho.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal