UKBouldering.com

Laptop to stereo music transfer (Read 2550 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 23, 2008, 10:03:50 pm
Alright, just bought a new lapdogg and don't want to have to use the internal speakers to pump out my Snoop back catalogue so was after some advice on using a stereo to listen to music on my laptop.

Looking about, I've found the Roku Soundbridge which seems v cool but also pretty pricey. Anyone else using / seen anything similar?

Cheers all,

TTT

underground

• forum hero
#1 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 23, 2008, 10:25:14 pm
Pinnacle Homemusic is the best thing I ever bought technology wise, although it was a bargain at 40 quid when i got mine - it's the Roku M400, i.e. the soundbridge M1001 but with a smaller display and no ethernet socket.

But even so, the bestest thing ever ever ever... works for internet radio and of course podcasts that get downloaded, and all at the touch of the remote. The wireless is really strong and never fails, and if I could get aniother for 40 quid, I'd get one for the kitchen as well. Can't justify a second one at current prices, but I'd deffo buy the first one (or a Squeezebox pre Logitech) at normal prices....

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 23, 2008, 10:28:05 pm
Buy a 3.5mm jack to phono adaptor?

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#3 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 24, 2008, 08:57:14 pm
as GCW said. plug the line out on the laptop into the aux input on your stereo...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#4 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 24, 2008, 10:32:26 pm
OK, OK...I meant to append my original post to say that I am aware that a cable would do the job...

Thing is, practically speaking I'd prefer not to tether my PC to the stereo (which is in the corner of the lounge, well away anything else) and secondly (and probably more fundmentally), I'm a bit of a geek and wireless music transfer's much cooler than some shitty £5.99 cable from Maplin innit?

Anyone got anything else?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#5 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 25, 2008, 07:59:00 am
Someone must make a cheap fm transmitter for laptops? They cost very little for ipods 'n' that. See what google says?

Google says Amazon  :o ;) ::)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#6 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 28, 2008, 07:41:26 am
BT Internet Radio (also wireless access to files on your laptop) is supposed to be good (so says 2 people at work) and is now £50 on dabs.com.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#7 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
July 28, 2008, 05:51:37 pm
Nice one Lagers, I'll check it out!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#8 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
August 07, 2008, 03:46:35 pm
I've just spent a bit of dough on a 1 TB NAS drive to hang off the Wireless Airport Extreme and the hi-fi in the lounge and a couple of Airport Expresses for the kitchen and bedroom that plug direct into speakers.  The icing on the cake is an iPod touch that functions as a remote control for itunes throughout the house.  I can now wander the halls of FD towers and direct music at will  :great:

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#9 Re: Laptop to stereo music transfer
August 07, 2008, 05:09:16 pm
Alright, just bought a new lapdogg and don't want to have to use the internal speakers to pump out my Snoop back catalogue so was after some advice on using a stereo to listen to music on my laptop.

Looking about, I've found the Roku Soundbridge which seems v cool but also pretty pricey. Anyone else using / seen anything similar?

Cheers all,

TTT

I have a Netgear MP101 wireless music streamer that I am about to sell on eBay.  It's yours for £15 + p&p (or pick up Sheffield).  It works fine with wma and mp3 but gets stuck with lossless or apple formats.  It is, and was, a great intro to wireless streaming.  PM me if you are interested.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal