UKBouldering.com

UPDATED - L'Étranger - 85 days in Font (Read 53228 times)

monkey boy

• forum hero
Why the hell is it taking so long on my computer? It just doesnt seem to download!  :wall:

Have to wait for the dvd, rubbish!

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Adam, I appreciate the criticism, and much of what you said was stuff I tried to fix but in the end I wasn't able to. Funny you should mention the voiceover stuff as I was going to do this but had a change of heart in the end. I've emailed you anyway...

Glad you enjoyed the small details, they really made me laugh when I put some of them in. For those who haven't watched the real thing, now would be a good time to revisit one of the greatest climbing films. If only I didn't have to leave font in such a rush at the end, there were many amusing things that were missed out... next time...

Thanks for the positive feedback from everyone. I'm not shy either, so feel free to bash me with criticism (via email is more convenient for me!).

monkeyboy; I can only assume you don't know what you're doing, have a very bad net connection, or your computer is a mobile phone. I'll send you a DVD soon enough... I'm working on it.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Bum, would love to watch it, but can't download it at work, and home computer has carked it. Any chance of a burned copy?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Bum, would love to watch it, but can't download it at work, and home computer has carked it. Any chance of a burned copy?

Definitely is, check out Unclesomebody's blog.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
For the third time of asking, how do I pay for it?

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
For the third time of asking, how do I pay for it?

My grabbing hands aren't big or fast enough are they? Basically, paypal is easiest for me, so if you want to make a donation send a paypal donation to keith at bradbury.net (replacing the at for @). If you don't want to use paypal, and I don't blame you, you can send me it in the post, so email me for address (I daren't make it public - the paps (or should that be po po) will be round in no time).

I just want to clarify, you really don't have to pay, but I would gratefully accept anything. No donation too small!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Downloaded in 2hrs whilst i was asleep :) Just had a slow flick through and it looks top notch, a really pro effort and a great soundtrack too :)

Look forward to watching it properly when I'm fully awake again this weekend.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Excellent Keith. I was really rooting for you on partage.
Agreed with everything adam sez, I can't believe the levels were so much out. Some of the framing was truley excellent and the 720 HD was very nice to watch although I think you need to work on your colours and white balance a bit

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
quality, quality, quality..........................................................................

But where is all my footage... failing all those 5+'s

although I seen all the footage before its very well made, I would actually pay money for it, stick some more footage in and stick it up for general release

good effort, see you in a few weeks.........

philo

• forum hero
yeah its class, ill defo be making a donation as it was good to watch.  inspring!

Paul B

• forum hero
although I seen all the footage before its very well made, I would actually pay money for it, stick some more footage in and stick it up for general release
The soundtrack might cost you a bit in rights?

good effort, see you in a few weeks.........

Are you back in England or will this be 86 days in Font  :o

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
 :thumbsup: awesome effort that unc its better than loads of bouldering videos i've paid for

dave

I've downloaded this but the picture is unwatchably jerky (sound is fine). anybody any fucking ideas?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I've downloaded this but the picture is unwatchably jerky (sound is fine). anybody any fucking ideas?

Get a better computer (or better graphics card at least)  ::)

dave

better computer? this thing is probably 3 years old, thats virtually brand new!

any more suggestions? for example some freeware that i can burn this onto DVD-player-able DVD.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I downloaded the HD player that Uncle linked to (VLC media player). It was a fast download and works perfectly.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
better computer? this thing is probably 3 years old, thats virtually brand new!

Thats out-of-date according to Moore's Law (Gordon, not Patrick).

Another alternative to VLC is mplayer which also has the x264 codec thats required.

dave

I've already got the VLC player, it does the same as quicktime. if its a performance issue then no other software is going to do it any different, shirley?

is there any way I can save it to cassette and play it on my Acorn Electron?

mini

• forum abuser
  • A not so

Picture quality is very jerky on mine, though watchable it is making me a bit nauseous!

Edited to say just downloaded VLC and it works bob on  :great:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:12:07 pm by mini »

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
I've already got the VLC player, it does the same as quicktime. if its a performance issue then no other software is going to do it any different, shirley?

is there any way I can save it to cassette and play it on my Acorn Electron?

Dave, sorry to hear your computer is so behind the times. However, there is another option. Send an email to film at unclesomebody.com with your address and I'll send you a copy. However, I just posted an SD version to AndyB so you could just borrow and then copy that version. It might be quicker and also saves me postage etc. However, let me know if you want your own O.G. copy and I'll send you one.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Likewise Dave, this is the first time I've had my computer struggle, depite routinely working on 100mb photos etc.

I've found its better if I shut down everything else, wiggle the mouse occasionally to stop the screensaver waking up, and pause it for a while if it gets jerky.

I'd far rather be watching it on a 30" TV from the comfort of the sofa looping Partage on the remote though - is there going to be a normal DVD version?

Doylo

• forum hero
Nice work brad, if i bring you off can i get a copy?  :thumbsup:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
should be more than easy enough to convert it to dvd.
The best option is to play it through a media pc onto a 37"+ 720 telly in its original format

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
Adam; Your SD copy shall arrive tomorrow with the post. Enjoy.

Doylo; I'll bring a copy over to wales with me next week.

Jim; I made this film with only you in mind. In fact, I think I want to come and watch it at your house!

Doylo

• forum hero
make sure your there at the weekend (otherwise you know what will happen  ;))

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal