UKBouldering.com

Medonnet (Read 4577 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Medonnet
July 03, 2008, 11:41:45 am
Good stuff. My brother is getting married in Les Gets in June next year, so will definitely get there. Pity the link in the old thread doesn't work anymore, should have printed it when I had the chance.

Lostboy

• regular
#2 Re: Medonnet
July 03, 2008, 11:50:07 am
I spent a day in Meddonet a couple of years ago as a stop off on the way to Magic.  It's pretty good, there's not loads and it did get a bit greasy, but it's well worth a visit, but perhaps not a long one.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#3 Re: Medonnet
July 03, 2008, 12:52:26 pm
I spent a day in Meddonet a couple of years ago as a stop off on the way to Magic.  It's pretty good, there's not loads and it did get a bit greasy, but it's well worth a visit, but perhaps not a long one.

I've spend quite a lot of time at Medonnet when we lived in Cham.  It's good, if limited, but real harsh on your fingers due to the rough rock.  Good to see Neil McNab in a vid for the place since he is a 'local'.

Personally I prefer the Les Bossons bouldering to Medonnet.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#4 Re: Medonnet
July 03, 2008, 01:05:31 pm
Personally I prefer the Les Bossons bouldering to Medonnet.

Me too, although neither are worth travelling any distance to.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#5 Re: Medonnet
July 03, 2008, 01:20:29 pm
 :agree:

None of the bouldering or sports climbing in the Arve valley is worth travelling to, that's why they built the big mountains there so we can go mountaineering snowboarding and mountain biking.  ::)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#6 Re: Medonnet
July 03, 2008, 01:50:09 pm
Why cross out the mountaineering. It's the only reason I go there.

Bossons also has the advantage of being walking distance from Chamonix. We had a good day there whilst waiting for bon temps, playing on the circuits, until Mrs Andy B stood on a bees nest and had to run away with them swarming her, whilst trying to pull her trousers off as a few had gone up the legs. Oh how we laughed!       Well I did anyway.

BenF

• forum hero
#7 Re: Medonnet
July 07, 2008, 02:31:57 pm
Bossons also has the advantage of being walking distance from Chamonix.

But the disadvantage of being rather horribly drilled and chipped in places.   :'(  Not really a disadvantage I guess, more of a sad reality.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#8 Re: Medonnet
July 07, 2008, 04:18:40 pm
Bossons also has the advantage of being walking distance from Chamonix.

But the disadvantage of being rather horribly drilled and chipped in places.   :'(  Not really a disadvantage I guess, more of a sad reality.

Definitely. I saw more than one potentially good hard line reduced to a grim medium grade line cos of the drilling. I got all excited when I saw that big boulder near the top, until I saw what had happened to it.

BenF

• forum hero
#9 Re: Medonnet
July 08, 2008, 09:16:09 am
That big boulder at the top is a truly sad sight to behold.  That drilled line through the steep (downhill) side is horrendous, with what a dozen drilled stereo pockets to create a problem.  Made me ashamed to be a climber thinking that passers by might see what another climber had done to a beautiful lump of granite. 

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#10 Re: Medonnet
July 09, 2008, 11:46:44 am
I crossed out the mountaineering because I can't be arsed to do it any more.  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal