UKBouldering.com

"when" do you get fat? (Read 4047 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
"when" do you get fat?
July 05, 2008, 07:19:59 pm
so, as you've read, i have had a week of partying for the palio, which meant dining out every night, drinking cocktails until 4 am and sleeping until 2 pm. i have noticed, during these days that i seemed to retain some good shape, in terms of fat percentage, and i also checked it with that sort of pliers that i don't know its name.
anyway, now i've quite stopped partying, i've gotten back to eating at home and to training doing some weights, and i find i'm putting up some fat. or maybe it's just water retention (i drink less than 1 liter of water per day).
so does this make sense that you get out of shape AFTER stopping drinking and eating bad? or is it just water retention and shifting to a sedentary life in front of the pc instead of being out the whole day and night?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 05, 2008, 07:38:04 pm
Since I have never stopped having a bad diet and too much beer, I can't answer that part of your question.

I would suggest, however, that drinking plenty of water is a good thing.  In a healthy body it will help flush things through and shouldn't lead to water retention.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#2 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 06, 2008, 12:00:49 am
You get fat when you decide to get fat.

AndiT

• forum abuser
#3 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 06, 2008, 06:06:38 pm
I often think I look more lean the morning after the night before, although this is probably down to dehydration. It's changes to lifestyle that make changes to waistlines.

miki

• regular
#4 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 06, 2008, 08:04:30 pm
You get fat when you decide to get fat.
wise words

some people might say that while you are in party mode ( drinking and eating much ) your metabolism speeds up.
i think you will be/feel less fat soon if you continue with a good diet and training, and of course STRONGER :)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 07, 2008, 08:32:36 am
I don't know if it's a wierd metabolism, but I always seem to have a week's lag between a particularly bad week for eating and exercise and putting on a few pounds, and having a particularly intense week for exercice and shifting a few?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 07, 2008, 03:36:53 pm
fueled by the deside of being a power monster i will start a weights program today.
 :thumbsup:
fuckin' hell i can't wait!!!
so curious!!!

carefultorque

• player
#7 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 14, 2008, 11:43:39 am
so, as you've read, i have had a week of partying for the palio, ...

Hi Nibile,  you're very lucky having the Palio on your doorstep. I've always wanted to see it as it absolutely fascinates me but things get in the way.  What contrada are you?

Here's a training idea: when the Palio is over, run round the arena 100 times each day before breakfast...   :-\

But seriously, good luck with your programme.  I'm sure the weight will fall off as quickly as it went on!

saltbeef

• forum hero
#8 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 14, 2008, 12:36:00 pm
Nibs. you are one neurotic guy! one litre of water a day?! why?! surely in italy its gotter be pretty warm. lay off the beers and unhealthy stuff and you'll loose it. maybe go for a run?

BenF

• forum hero
#9 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 14, 2008, 01:29:51 pm
Nibs. you are one neurotic guy! one litre of water a day?!

I used to limit how much fluid I drank (I don't drink alcohol so that wasn't an issue), keeping my intake down to maybe around one litre a day but then I thought about it and I decided to drink much, much more fluid during the day and particularly when out climbing or training.  The effect was incredible and instantaneous; I suddenly had much better endurance, more power and felt tired less often - whether running or climbing.  I can't see that there's anything to lose by drinking much more water than you say you drink, especially in a warm climate.  If you're healthy and exercising you won't suffer from exessive water retention. 

DavidT

#10 Re: "when" do you get fat?
July 18, 2008, 12:59:15 pm
Nibs... I'm on a routine to drop the lard around my belly bringing my body fat back to 8%-10% . Have had some great advice from peeps http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,9556.0.html let me know how you get on.

Ta.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal