UKBouldering.com

Camera bag recomendation (Read 17434 times)

Plattsy

• forum hero
#50 Re: Camera bag recomendation
February 06, 2010, 02:01:45 pm
They do look great. Having look around this is an online dealer who ships to the uk. Doesn't appear the bigger rucksacks are available though.

http://www.shoebuy.com/f-stop-camera-bags.htm

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#51 Re: Camera bag recomendation
February 06, 2010, 03:04:14 pm

To be fair, Crumpler don't fall apart either, and they actually look nice unlike most "proper" photo bags.

It depends really on your expectations - an amateur may well want something that looks sexy, and is a nice bit of luggage to boot, whereas a "pro" will of course have different priorities.

They don't fall apart, but they don't wear well compared to the better quality stuff (I say this from experience), sure they are better than your generic cheapy budget stuff from Jessops or whatever, and for what it is crumpler stuff is ok. I have a crumpler laptop semi hard (ooh er missus) shell case thats been alright, but the main thing for me is, I think the level of protection they offer is somewhat lacking compared to the higher quality brands.
Plus my Kata bag is supremely comfortable, amazing soft memory type foam stuff in the straps, with breathable lining, plush padded back, etc etc..
I haven't tried anything that comes close apart from other Kata bags, in terms of comfort.

As you said it depends what you want what your priorities are etc, for me its all about the function, durability, and I couldn't care less how it looks as long as its black/another generic dark colour, protects my gear, and lasts a long time.
But thats just my perspective, and opinion if you want a sexy piece of luggage then you probably don't need the tank like durability, and functions etc that I am going on about, so just ignore me and get whatever you think looks nice  ;D

Paul B

• forum hero
#52 Re: Camera bag recomendation
March 07, 2010, 10:05:21 pm
I've just picked up my new "6 million dollar home". I don't know who on here stated that crumpler don't offer as much protection as lowepro but they're severely wrong. If I compare the dividing inserts for both bags Crumpler wins hands down (I'll provide photographic "science" if necessary).
The carrying strap is much more comfortable than my lowepro bag despite the bag attached to it being triple the size.
It seems to be the second generation of these bags and they seem really well designed (you can even cover over the velcro should you require no velcro noise). Plus with what I paid (slightly more than half of f*ck all) its value for money is unbeatable compared to the other options.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal