UKBouldering.com

Climbers balm (Read 31819 times)

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#50 Re: Climbers balm
February 10, 2010, 05:47:24 pm
Indgredient profile looks really good, when I run out of Handy Gurugu, I will definitely try some out :)

Sypeland

• stalker
    • http://www.climbersbalm.com
#51 Re: Climbers balm
February 16, 2010, 06:02:02 pm
There have been a couple of delays in Balm going out, the new site not communicating with my e-mail too well.
Hope I'm on top of it now.

Need to get the cauldron out for a another batch!

Paul B

• forum hero
#52 Re: Climbers balm
February 16, 2010, 10:01:26 pm
A friend had some and I was really impressed. Now I just have to stop my family from thinking climb on is something that I use often enough to need a new bar every Christmas (I'm usually still waiting for the last application to soak in) and get them onto this shizzle.

remus

• forum hero
#53 Re: Climbers balm
February 17, 2010, 07:11:27 pm
Bought a pot of this lovely stuff after reading this thread. After getting over the initial "£12 for that tiny pot?" thing and realising its actually going to last ages i concur that its good stuff and well worth the cash. Very relaxing to be able to spend post climbing thinking about how buttery smooth my skin feels rather than how much it resembles old leather.

Sypeland

• stalker
#54 Re: Climbers balm
February 17, 2010, 09:21:15 pm
 Glad to hear you like it. Sorry about the £12 but it's the ingredients that dictate the price, they don't come cheap, plus it has to be slightly profitable if it's going to subsidies trips to Font, that's subsidies not pay for. Though it's got a long way to go yet.

Cheers

remus

• forum hero
#55 Re: Climbers balm
February 17, 2010, 09:24:57 pm
The price really is pretty reasonable really, i reckon its going to take a good few weeks before i finish using the stuff stuck to the lid...

AndyR

• forum hero
#56 Re: Climbers balm
February 17, 2010, 09:57:49 pm
....but it's the ingredients that dictate the price, they don't come cheap, ....

FH - I dread to think what your 'special ingredients' might be - I certainly wouldn't be rubbing them on my hands.....

Sypeland

• stalker
#57 Re: Climbers balm
February 27, 2010, 04:58:36 pm

The couldron has been mixed and there is plenty made.
There are a couple of pots on back order, they'll be out Monday morning.

climbersbalm.com

iain

• forum abuser
#58 Re: Climbers balm
April 13, 2010, 08:11:29 am

Not that it's really needed but this stuff is brilliant. I've suffered from eczema on my hands for years and climbing trips used to be a constant battle to not let them get too bad. Just been in Font for 2 weeks, (4 weeks use total,)  and my hands have come back in the best nick they've been in for almost a year, proper healthy skin rather than my usual cracked and sometimes bleeding state.

Massive thank you to sypeland, it's fantastic stuff  :great:  :bow:

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#59 Re: Climbers balm
April 13, 2010, 08:55:29 am
....but it's the ingredients that dictate the price, they don't come cheap, ....

FH - I dread to think what your 'special ingredients' might be - I certainly wouldn't be rubbing them on my hands.....
http://www.climbersbalm.com/ingredients.php

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#60 Re: Climbers balm
April 13, 2010, 12:36:53 pm
my mam likes it  :bow:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#61 Re: Climbers balm
April 13, 2010, 12:42:57 pm
I used it over six days climbing in Siurana and it worked a treat.  Great moisturising properties and it healed all the little nicks and cuts perfectly.

Sypeland

• stalker
#62 Re: Climbers balm
April 22, 2010, 02:07:20 pm
Cheers for all the good comments, Balms going well and it's getting quite a following.
Glad it's working for you all. :)

Sypeland

• stalker
#63 Re: Climbers balm
April 22, 2010, 02:10:36 pm

You know you want to Andy!

Sypeland

• stalker
#64 Re: Climbers balm
June 01, 2010, 08:59:49 am
I've had a couple of emails re the web site not working.
These were in reference to www.sypeland.com , this is nothing to do with me, I sold that domain and the shop some months ago. I have no idea what's going on with it.

However Sypeland Climbers balm web site is mine and works fine, www.climbersbalm.com .

Cheers
Fran

Three Nine

• forum hero
#65 Re: Climbers balm
June 01, 2010, 10:54:55 am
I tried some and don't rate it compared to climb-on, have you considered trying to make a bar form? Would be good to see a climb-on style bar which didn't cost about a grand an oz.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#66 Re: Climbers balm
June 01, 2010, 11:59:42 am
I tried some and don't rate it compared to climb-on, have you considered trying to make a bar form? Would be good to see a climb-on style bar which didn't cost about a grand an oz.

You must have the most absorbent skin in the world then if you prefer Climb On - the stuff never seems to sink into my skin at all. What Climb On is good for is packing into big skin rips and the like but for anything else it's Climbers Balm all the way.

Sypeland

• stalker
#67 Re: Climbers balm
June 01, 2010, 01:51:58 pm

If that's what you want then buy a lump of bees wax.

I purposely didn't go down the 'Bar' route because I wanted somthing that would absorb easier into the skin. Absorption is critical to get the essential ingredients into the skin. And these ingredients are why it's reassuringly expensive. In fact the cost to produce the balm has gone up over the last year but I've held the price so far. 

Cheers
Fran   

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#68 Re: Climbers balm
June 01, 2010, 02:48:00 pm
I've had a couple of emails re the web site not working.
These were in reference to www.sypeland.com , this is nothing to do with me, I sold that domain and the shop some months ago. I have no idea what's going on with it.

However Sypeland Climbers balm web site is mine and works fine, www.climbersbalm.com .

As per the footer to your posts!

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#69 Re: Climbers balm
June 18, 2010, 02:04:37 pm
woah francis, just checked your website out - is that photo in the header of the site a reversed/mirrored shot of Jon on DWR? It's freaking me right out looking at the Crucifix at that strange angle

chris05

• forum abuser
#70 Re: Climbers balm
June 18, 2010, 02:32:59 pm
Just ordered my 2nd pot. As others have said I like climb on for cuts etc but find this better to use regularly after climbing to keep hands in good condition. Good product and sold by one of our own!

Sypeland

• stalker
#71 Re: Climbers balm
June 22, 2010, 12:12:34 pm
woah francis, just checked your website out - is that photo in the header of the site a reversed/mirrored shot of Jon on DWR? It's freaking me right out looking at the Crucifix at that strange angle

Yes, it's Jon. He built the site and reversed the photo. It's confused a few but looks really good.

Sypeland

• stalker
#72 Re: Climbers balm
June 22, 2010, 12:16:34 pm
Just ordered my 2nd pot. As others have said I like climb on for cuts etc but find this better to use regularly after climbing to keep hands in good condition. Good product and sold by one of our own!

Cheers, really glad you like it. I posted it in Harrogate on Sat'. They didn't have my regular bags in the PO so one had to go in an envelope. If it was yours was did it get to you OK.

Though one pot posted a couple of weeks a go took TEN days to get to a guy just below Earl.

I am considering selling it at the crag - Straight discounted £10. Would people go for that?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#73 Re: Climbers balm
June 22, 2010, 12:49:44 pm
Got a couple of pots the other day and its helping my hands heal up far faster than Climb On was, cheers Fran.

As to selling at the crag, depends which crag you're going to be at  :P

chris05

• forum abuser
#74 Re: Climbers balm
June 22, 2010, 01:19:58 pm

Cheers, really glad you like it. I posted it in Harrogate on Sat'. They didn't have my regular bags in the PO so one had to go in an envelope. If it was yours was did it get to you OK.

Though one pot posted a couple of weeks a go took TEN days to get to a guy just below Earl.

I am considering selling it at the crag - Straight discounted £10. Would people go for that?

I haven't got it yet but with royal mail i wouldn't be suprised if its later this week! cheers

Similar to slackers, I would buy at the crag if its the one I'm at (likely to be an obscure crag in the churnet valley)!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal