the shizzle > chuffing

Routes cleaned or re-equipped

(1/133) > >>

El Mocho:
Good effort Graham, I keep thinking about going to clean routes down there but never get round to it. The last two times I have been down the things I tried were pretty bad (Autobahn - got up it by the skin of my teeth, and Midnight Summer Dream - failed) I did give M S D a clean afterwards so I think it is a climbable state now (the top was wet and dirty so I didn't climb that bit after cleaning)

I think the state of insitu gear is even more of an issue down in Pembroke and Cornwall as there is often a similar reliance on fixed gear which rots even quicker.

Maybe we need to start a cleaned/re-equiped thread:

Opium (great zawn, Bosi) is now clean(ish) and the pegs not replaced but unnecessary as they are easy to back up.

West face route (just to the L) pegs are stainless so in good condition and easy to back up (so maybe they should be taken out??)

Bonjoy:
I've moved this post from the Chee Tor thread.
As suggested by El Mocho please use this thread to report cleaning and re-equipping carried out.

pete D:
I clean up Fishing Without A License on sunday (15/06/08).  It's the 7c at the far right of The Embankment and needs a bit more popularity to keep the ivy at bay.  It's short but climbs really well. powerful and fingery.  It was midge hell yesterday eve, so best to wait for a breeze.

Bonjoy:
That reminds me, I cleaned and did the next route right Barefoot in a Pool of Sharks back in May. Quite a worthwhile 7b+.

Bonjoy:
Noticed on Rockfax that Tequila Mockingbird was cleaned up 15/6/08

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version