UKBouldering.com

Climbing in Fethiye, Turkey? (Read 3113 times)

zojo

Climbing in Fethiye, Turkey?
June 08, 2008, 10:15:33 am
Hi all,

I'm off to Fethiye, Turkey for a couple of weeks and really fancy trying to get some climbing done while I'm there. I know Antalya and Dalyan are supposed to be good destinations but I was hoping for something a bit closer to Fethiye.

Please help, it'd be perfect to find the nearest boulders/crag/DWS/sea cliff (anything) and get some climbing in!

Cheers all  :)

zojo

#1 Re: Climbing in Fethiye, Turkey?
June 10, 2008, 09:37:12 am
Hi, got this advice on another forum,

"I would follow verticon and say just go to olimpos. It is midway to antalya and easy to get to at this time of the year. there are regular busses between fethiye and antalya; you should be able to get off at the olimpos junction and catch the regular minibus down to the beach. There is a guidebook to the area and you can purchase that at the kadir's tree houses' activity center at olimpos.

As a side note, though, there are few routes (or it used to be just a few, like 5 or 6, I dont know if more were developed or not) near butterfly valley just outside of oludeniz (which is close to fethiye). They are right next to the road that goes to the top of the butterfly valley from oludeniz, but if you dont have a partner, you probably wont run into anyone there. At olimpos, on the other hand, you are more likely to run into people who climb.

It is probably getting too hot to climb around that area, but oiimpos is a good bet for now because it has some shaded areas, and you can take a break and swim in the middle of the day."

Anyone know much about Olympos?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal