UKBouldering.com

Free Anti-spyware (Read 1378 times)

underground

• forum hero
Free Anti-spyware
May 16, 2008, 10:35:11 pm
Following Jim's AV thread, what do people think of as the best options for free anti spyware? At present I'm running Spybot (but forget to run it), Spyware terminator (which finds the same tracking cookies every scan but nowt else) and Threatfire (which runs very silent unless I'm there to see the scan end (and has never found owt AFKIK)

I'd be interested to know how these measure up to any ithers, in terms of catching spyware and how hungry of resources they are...

andy_e

• forum hero
#1 Re: Free Anti-spyware
May 17, 2008, 01:30:45 am
I use spybot, combined with the spyware in AVG 8, and it seems to be fine, it's hardly intrusive and works very well.

I also use Admuncher which blocks adverts and can potentially block spyware downloaded via those adverts. £10 for life subscription but deifinitely worth it!

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#2 Re: Free Anti-spyware
May 17, 2008, 02:35:20 am

I also use Admuncher which blocks adverts and can potentially block spyware downloaded via those adverts. £10 for life subscription but deifinitely worth it!

Why not use Firefox with Adblock and the auto updater add on? It is very rare that I see an advert and its free...

bluebrad

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal