special edition!!!
May 03, 2008, 01:24:31 pm
i got me this beauty this morning!!!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#1 Re: special edition!!!
May 03, 2008, 04:36:50 pm
Very nice Nibs, I'm Jealous where'd ya find it? Now if you had an Aenima picture disc I'd be really really jealous  ;)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2 Re: special edition!!!
May 03, 2008, 04:43:16 pm
oh it must have been some sort of miracle. i went into the shop this morning and bought one tool cd and one queens of the stone age cd, and the guy, who knows me a bit, told me: hey have you seen this vinyl? it's just arrived (only copy) maybe you're interested...

i resisted 21 seconds then bought it.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#3 Re: special edition!!!
May 03, 2008, 04:51:43 pm
You managed to resist  :o for 21 seconds  :o :o I'm amazed you lasted that long. 21 nanoseconds maybe, but not a whole 21 seconds. That's like, over 1/3 of a minute!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#4 Re: special edition!!!
May 03, 2008, 06:41:16 pm
That's nice, is it clear vinyl w/ pic?  Hard to tell from the photo.

Though, trainspotters/audio freaks may wish to know/already know that clear vinyl reproduces sound relatively  poorly.  The best reproduction happens (not as one can be forgiven for thinking, w/ virgin vinyl, but) w/ a mixture of virgin and recycled vinyl.

Aren't I the most amazing smart arse?  Ha ha!    8)

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#5 Re: special edition!!!
May 04, 2008, 12:02:56 am
the thing i like alot about that is that the vinyl is much thicker than usual, and very heavy, as if it was a matrix.
i have a bootleg from deep purple in scandinavia wich is even thicker and even heavier.

andy_e

• forum hero
#6 Re: special edition!!!
May 04, 2008, 12:40:16 pm
Whoa! Amazing! I love finding rarities in a shop, makes me feel geeky, high fidelity style...

chappers

• forum hero
#7 Re: special edition!!!
May 04, 2008, 01:39:29 pm
ha ha, i have this lp, and the non pic version too.  8)  they did for a few tool army members release it signed by the band, under the vinyl.

as an owner of near everything that tool have released (only two things to go - including the elusive aenima vinyl) my favorite collecting moment...already had the vhs version of salival, and had bid 100 quid on ebay but lost for the dvd, walked into beanos in croydon, and there it was, still sealed for 40quid. bonus!

nibs, did you really need to open that? mine is still wrapped up.... (got in amoeba records, san francisco).

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#8 Re: special edition!!!
May 04, 2008, 04:38:29 pm
chaps,
that pics isn't of my copy, my camera was out of power, so i found that on the net. anyway i opened carefully mine, because i wanted to see the inside and most of all listen to it on my stereo. i wanted to see that vinyl spinning!!!
then i carefully put it back into the plastic envelop, but i like to spin my vinyls even if it spoils them a bit.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#9 Re: special edition!!!
May 13, 2008, 08:34:56 pm
Blast from the past. Remember seeing tool supporting rage against the machine at the royal court in liverpool as a yoot. Have got there album undertow which I like alot but have never listened to anything else by them

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal