UKBouldering.com

Recomend me mobile internet (Read 2674 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Recomend me mobile internet
April 17, 2008, 10:47:16 pm
Got my home broadband for nearly free at home now so though I would splash a bit of the cash saved at mobile broadband for the laptop so I can use the laptop without a wifi signal when out of the house.
What are the deals and are they any good?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#1 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 17, 2008, 10:50:56 pm
Well mate, as I now work for Orange I should recommend them. 15 quid a month on a 2 year contract for unlimited mobile internet. They cap it at 3gb per month but have no way of enforcing it if you use more! Good eh??

They have just changed the dongle as well so its better, only cosmetically and only marginally.

Hope that helps.

underground

• forum hero
#2 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 17, 2008, 10:53:45 pm
Got my home broadband for nearly free at home now

Is this a secret we should know about Jimster?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#3 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 17, 2008, 10:56:05 pm
Cheers mate but that's too expensive and how do you have unlimited yet caped broadband?

The secret is being with O2 since mobile phones were invented and being a select customer. Either 8mg for free or 16 mg for £2.50 a month. Whats £2.50 a month? nothing

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#4 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 17, 2008, 11:05:55 pm
Cheers mate but that's too expensive and how do you have unlimited yet caped broadband?

I recently attended a "Training course" from Orange on which I was told they do not have any way of enforcing the 3gb rule, so people can use it a much as they want. I'm pretty certain they would not like me to share this info, but Orange is the single worst company I have ever worked for so fuck them!

Failing that, 3 do a pretty good mobile BB deal.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 18, 2008, 07:56:47 am

Shame the Orange mobile data services are fucking shite though - their idea of an unlimited package is 30mb a month - pitiful.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#6 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 18, 2008, 11:47:51 am
Looking into the Three service for Mrs Obi's folks who can't get broadband via a phone line, they live in the back of beyond, between Stevenage and Cambridge,  :wall:, good old BT. Unfortunately I hear the 3 turbo service is a bit shonky, dropping out etc, and this is the only one they are likely to get. The Vodafone services is much better, but theres no signal around there. I didn't think Orange was HSDPA yet? Anyway I won't ever use Orange again after they way they treated me.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/technology/2008/04/mobile-broadban.html

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#7 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 18, 2008, 12:03:27 pm
I got handed a leaflet today from 3, they're doing half price deals at the moment but to get there max data allowance which seems to be 7GB it's still £12.50 and you seem to have to sign up for quite a long time. 

There are details on their site and the 50% off promo code seems to be DAISY, but that runs out in a few days.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#8 Re: Recomend me mobile internet
April 29, 2008, 03:26:43 pm
having used hsUpa (the U is intentional) on Voda since launch - its great. Much better service and experience than using a hotspot in a cafe for instance. that said, I dont pay for it myself and have no idea about packages. The bill boards say £15 a month, think its a 3GB a month cap too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal