UKBouldering.com

training for ceuse (Read 3158 times)

crazymadtom

training for ceuse
April 19, 2008, 10:49:14 am
Right I have got bout 2 months before my first trip to Ceuse :dance1:, I've got a bit of a list together of routes from 7b - 8b to go at. Anymore to add would good as well. Would just like to know what I should be doing to prepare, Circuits, Routes, running or just lots of walking ready for that infamous walk in? Any advice would be great. Cheers

Doylo

• forum hero
#1 Re: training for ceuse
April 19, 2008, 10:51:59 am
the routes are pretty long so obviously stamina is the priority. Can't go wrong with routes indoors really, try not to sprint up them, you can be on the routes in ceuse for a while especially if your onsighting. I'd go running to.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: training for ceuse
April 19, 2008, 11:01:18 am
Amen to that. Fitness, fitness and more fitness required.

Which is why I got my ass kicked and ran away to Buoux sharpish.

Have a good one, it's a stunning place.

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#3 Re: training for ceuse
April 19, 2008, 11:15:30 am
go toy your local wall and climb up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down. Get good at shaking out on flat half crimp style pockets. maybe also lock yourself in a room with nothing to do for 45 minutes at a time to prepare for the boredom...

definitely think you need to be able to hang on for 20 minutes at a time...

Paz

• junky
#4 Re: training for ceuse
April 19, 2008, 12:12:47 pm
Are your feet generally pretty good there though, at least while you're shaking out and climbing between the cruxes?

The other thing is it's a bit runout (though apparently in a not scary way) so getting scared with your feet above a bolt will do you know good at all.  You might as well get over this in Britain if it affects you. 

Personally I do rate going up down up at the wall, but can't imagine being psyched for that for more than two sessions.  I'd if possible set a huge circuit. 

Paul B

• forum hero
#5 Re: training for ceuse
April 19, 2008, 01:32:51 pm
Are your feet generally pretty good there though, at least while you're shaking out and climbing between the cruxes?

The other thing is it's a bit runout (though apparently in a not scary way) so getting scared with your feet above a bolt will do you know good at all.  You might as well get over this in Britain if it affects you. 

Yes, you're unlikely to find the moves challenging you'll either fall off pumped or extremely bored. The runout thing is a myth its all well bolted. A few routes are slightly sportingly bolted but not many, and no worse than UK routes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal