UKBouldering.com

A client owes me £12k what should I do? (Read 2117 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
A client owes me £12k what should I do?
April 18, 2008, 10:00:54 pm
Obviously you should all lend me some cash until the scum pays up.  After all what's sauce for the goose  .. . .. . http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7355754.stm

I just love the way this government is happy for banks to ave public debt and private profit, can they really be as incompetent as they appear?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Stop whinging, you fat cat  :lol:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
felix lardus?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

Paz

• junky
Back when Simon S asked me how would I feel if the govenment changed the rules on my pension I (not having one and hence no clue) wished I'd pointed out that self employed business men would surely be glad the word `recession' hadn't been mentioned for nigh on ten years. 

Does anyone know if there was any substance to the accusation that as well as prudence and low interest rates and all that borrowing Brown was gaining stability by vastly over increasing public debt - basically the UK was racking up its VISA bill but can't change cards?

The boss of Ryanair, full of lies as his advertisements are, we while ago said that maybe we could all do with a recession.  Even I know that assumptions of equilibria and stability are very naive aims from a modelling point of view without a vey sophisticated control strategy, and are just unachievable for a chaotic system like the economy.  But obviously borrowing shit loads, and worse, lending it on to bust geordie `institutions' is not necessarily going to make the problem any better in the long term than we thought it might do immediately, certainly in the North East.  A TV banking correspondent (the gruff Investment Banking guy who looks like a cross between Blofeld and Penfold) saw it coming in advance by a month too when he singled out Northern Rock in early September.  Every time the share holders winge I think of a child who's dropped their ice cream, for whom no amount of freely provided new ones are ever good enough.  But the rock were just uniquely vulnerable (they were proportionally increasing their VISA bill and lending it out again to fuckwits faster than even the UK is doing now).  The whole crisis was acutally creatd by Wall Street Bankers, who haven't taken any hit for the ridiculous risks they took with everyone's money. 

I wonder if we've not only gone out of the Frying pan into the Fire, but failed to realise that while the pan might have singed us and gently sweated us down for a bit, caramelised us in goose fat even, the pan would've soon enough been deglazed with a nice wine and its contents made into a nice warm gravy.  But now we're in the fire we're being burned to fuck while some cunt poors on petrol to smother the flames.

Sorry for the lengthy surmise, but I've become more and more moderately interested in this - basically because it involved numbers and it's so hilariously fucked up that I coudn't make it up. 

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Firstly who the fuck can afford to buy petrol just to keep a nice little conflagration going ...... And secondly whinging shareholders don't 'alf piss me off ..... They took a gamble , they lost , end of story , shut the fuck up you greed obsessed cunts ......

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
Most people have become accostomed to a unsustainable lifestyle, asset rich cash poor. Now billions are being pumped into the economy to stop a complete collapse of the housing market, this will make it easier for banks to give mortgages.  The only problem being that if house prices don't fall, in a year or 2, most people will be taking out mortgages 5 or 6 times their wage which is a fucking scandal. Who will be the winners form this? If the idea fails, taxpayers lose millions, market collapses anyway, and the banks are laughing. What a heap of shit!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
11 years ago my 1st mortgage was 2.5 times my salary on a 5% deposit. i shat myself with this and getting the damn loan took some banging on doors. Since then the debt that has been allowed to accrue in the UK population is astonishing.. thankfully I'm never happy when in debt and my mortgage has never exceeded my annual income. I'm not in the *best * area of town.... but at least i'm not likely to get into -ve equity.... there's gonna be a huge crash i reckon

happy days

at least the rock is always there in the morning

Duma

• forum hero
mostly US/Canada based, but thought some of those on this thread might enjoy reading:
the automatic earth

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal