UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Piccies (Part V) (Read 609168 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Futures Barbares is ok if you can crimp. The moves aren't very powerful but the footholds are poor. Cooler temps prefered. Amazing problem though. Probably the best hard problem at 95.2 IMO

That's Jasper screwed then  :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I have been known to favour the crimp it's true.........

We went on the penultimate day of our trip when I was resting to try to recover for Rubis on the last day. Just did a load of easy stuff but it was all really good. L'Ange Naif looks good but as you say nobody seems to think it's anywhere near 7C!

dave

ange naif is 7b unless we're bubbling crack or using the defunt dyno method. good problem though, shame that crimp can ruin skin post-haste.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
It depends on what you use. The direct method is tricky and used to get 7c+. That was over graded but 7c is probably fair. If you use the huge hole out left for your foot it's about 7b. I reckon the dircet way is better personally

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

I just realised - that's Dai's new 8C innit. Karamu.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
It depends on what you use. The direct method is tricky and used to get 7c+. That was over graded but 7c is probably fair. If you use the huge hole out left for your foot it's about 7b. I reckon the dircet way is better personally

I agree there, I think direct might be soft touch 7c as well

Did you tick Futures Barbares, I have been trying the direct without the left crimp.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
I did Futures Barbares about 6 or 7 years ago in less heat but it was so hot and painful this trip. Me and my mate tried the dyno that trip too and could quite easily get to the jug but it was more difficult to hold than we thought. I thought the dyno was 8a but looking recently, it gets 7c - the crimp method is supposed to be harder

r-man

• forum hero
http://isaaccaldiero.blogspot.com/2009/04/flash-back.html

Pictured below is one of the most impressive lines in Joe's, definitely a project for the future, but not too far into the future.
It consists of about ten, V11 to V12 MOVES in a row, talk about power endurance.

Jon Cardwell and Andre Defelice...were extremely psyched to toss their carcasses towards an old time classic Black Lung V13. Having perfect temps, streamline beta and high motivation, I thought for sure the lung would indeed get another slap down from the young energetic crew, after all was said n done, the Lung won...Props to the legend Ben Moon,

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Thanks r-man that's one of the minor mysteries of life solved - that bloke with the hair turned up at Area 51  when we were there and got straight on Resident Evil (V10) as a "warmup", and then was doing most of Black Lung without much effort.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jon Cardwell and Andre Defelice...were extremely psyched to toss their carcasses towards an old time classic Black Lung V13. Having perfect temps, streamline beta and high motivation, I thought for sure the lung would indeed get another slap down from the young energetic crew, after all was said n done, the Lung won...Props to the legend Ben Moon,

That's interesting. These are the chaps with the 8B+ Rubicon warm up traverse........  ;)

Incidentally, if you type "The Saddhu bouldering" into google images, about ten pictures in you get some shots of lagers. Shome mishtake shurely? They must think I meant "The Saddo bouldering" no?

benpritch

• forum abuser
Thanks r-man that's one of the minor mysteries of life solved - that bloke with the hair turned up at Area 51  when we were there and got straight on Resident Evil (V10) as a "warmup", and then was doing most of Black Lung without much effort.

i think that is isaac caldiero.

richieb

• menacing presence
A couple from up north...Highballing on the terraces above the Torridon boulders.

Dan on one of the new problems next to the ship boulder

andy_e

• forum hero
Pictures of Torridon make me wet. I think a visit might be on the cards this summer.

SA Chris

• forum hero
Choose a sunny breezy day if it is summer, it can be midgie hell. Or wait until good conditions in autumn.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Incidentally, if you type "The Saddhu bouldering" into google images, about ten pictures in you get some shots of lagers. Shome mishtake shurely? They must think I meant "The Saddo bouldering" no?

It is actually because the images of me in The Forest are linked to a video called "Elephants mating deep in the forest...".

Yes, really.

PS
this explains nothing

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Saddo.  :P

r-man

• forum hero

La Tortuga/ 7C /Tenerife / Impresive Line and Landscape near of the Vulcan "Teide"

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
were did youget the info on that problem r-man

I did this problem about 8 years ago, truely amazing setting, I have some photos but not quality as it was the days before digital

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I tried to get this in a Lincoln Stylee, but I'm afraid I overexposed it terribly :lol:

r-man

• forum hero
were did youget the info on that problem r-man

I did this problem about 8 years ago, truely amazing setting, I have some photos but not quality as it was the days before digital

Just a pic from 8a.nu. Here's another pic from someone's flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/omarcaballero/

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
I tried to get this in a Lincoln Stylee, but I'm afraid I overexposed it terribly :lol:

If you weren't an injured man....  :lol:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
To be honest the impenetrable darkness is not the most obvious thing that's horribly wrong with that photo...

cofe

• forum hero

Mysko linje, Bohuslän

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
To be honest the impenetrable darkness is not the most obvious thing that's horribly wrong with that photo...

What, you wanted Nik to take his shirt off?

SA Chris

• forum hero

Mysko linje, Bohuslän

That bloke in the yellow t shirt has no legs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal