UKBouldering.com

Photo load up dunce!!! (Read 1874 times)

Idol eyes

• junky
Photo load up dunce!!!
March 20, 2008, 10:07:00 pm
Can someone tell me step b step, how to load photos up!!! got loads

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Photo load up dunce!!!
March 20, 2008, 10:08:59 pm
Do you mean "how do I upload photos to a photo site" or "how do I embed photos on UKB"?

If the former, sign up to photobucket or flickr.  It's fairly easy then, as long as you don't have stupidly massive photos.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Photo load up dunce!!!
March 20, 2008, 10:17:09 pm
If you join Flickr then you can also add your pics to the ukbouldering.com Flickr group :)

Once you upload your pics it's then pretty easy to link them into your posts here...

Idol eyes

• junky
#3 Re: Photo load up dunce!!!
March 23, 2008, 01:11:50 pm
Oh yeah! ment to put them on a different page, sorry!
Sri Lanka!
will get Mex ones up soon!
Thanks!!!

Idol eyes

• junky
#4 Re: Photo load up dunce!!!
April 03, 2008, 08:22:46 am
So how do I add the little ID picture like every one else!

Idol eyes

• junky
#5 Re: Photo load up dunce!!!
April 03, 2008, 08:29:56 am
A Ha!!! like that!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#6 Re: Photo load up dunce!!!
April 03, 2008, 08:55:51 am
Now, I don't normally give out technical advice as I'm thick as shit w/ computers . . .

. . . but in view of the obvious fact that you are even dumber w/ them than I (this is a colossal achievement, Idol) I will help you in some misplaced sense of PC div solidarity.

Upload the pic you want as your avatar (ID thingumajig) to an online pic hosting site.  Flickr / photobucket et al.  I like photobucket as it's very easy to use.  So I'll describe photobuckets procedure. When it's uploaded click on the uploaded pic.  Then select RESIZE from the toolbar above your pic.  Click on AVATAR and your pic will be resized to a size the UKB forum can use.  When it is resized, click on the box beneath it, then scroll to bottom of the page and click the GENERATE HTML/URL/WHATEVER THE FUCK IT SAYS which is on the right. 

This will give you something like:   http://www.photobucket.com/idols_mum_loves_triple_anal.jpg   etc..

Copy and paste said URL into the box provided on UKB.  This box is found by clicking PROFILE @ the top of the UKB page, click on FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION and then paste the URL in the box which says:  I HAVE MY OWN PIC.  Click the box too.

Or

Go to the same page and click the other box and upload from your PC's hard drive.  Sounds like you need the former option though.  As you could be on anyones PC (?)

Uploading to p/bucket is probably a sounder way of doing it rather than finding a pic you want of a correct size (one that doesn't need resizing) and just copying the URL and using that, as URLs change or the pic could get deleted or etc.. etc..

Savvy?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:12:34 am by Houdini, Reason: Not telling you »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal