UKBouldering.com

Ulnar nerve trouble? (Read 18686 times)

adam p

• regular
#25 Re: Ulnar nerve trouble?
April 18, 2008, 01:40:15 pm

I've developed the tingling and numbness bit in the left forearm/little fingers over the past ten days or so, particularly after a weekend in Font (first time, top place, JetSet, go with the right, yes, red arete problem opposite is desperate for 6b, yada yada yada)

Anyway, yesterday, after an admittedly boozy night's sleep, the arm was numb for most of the day (probably as a result of sleeping with it tightly bent). Been to see the GP this morning and he said try to rest for six weeks and all will be well.

But, I'm off to Melloblocco next month so want to keep up fitness levels till then at least.

I've read the thread several times and will start doing some of the stretches and popping the 'profen to keep swelling down. But given the GP rang me a little later to say he felt he'd been not very helpful and had subsequently googled 'cubital tunnel syndrome' to find out more - and recommended a website which confirmed his advice allied to few pictures - I wondered about getting a physio to have a look.

So, notwithstanding the well-meaning efforts of the GP (fair play for ringing me, although I was very tempted to recommend this thread) does anyone know a decent physio, preferably a climber, in London who would be worth contacting....google has thrown up some names but personal recommendations are better. Thanks

account_inactive

• forum hero
#26 Re: Ulnar nerve trouble?
April 18, 2008, 06:28:18 pm
Google Karen Sibilia

She practices in Hendon and in the city (I think)

Very good physio and lectures on shoulder operation rehab etc

adam p

• regular
#27 Re: Ulnar nerve trouble?
April 19, 2008, 07:05:54 pm
Thanks Dylan - have found her and will get in touch. Cheers mate

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal