UKBouldering.com

The Unrepeated (Read 10441 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#25 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 12:55:56 pm
I thought Carson had done it? Duff information perhaps.

Doylo

• forum hero
#26 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 01:21:01 pm
yeah it was apparently

Kingy

• forum hero
#27 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 07:11:26 pm
Yes Neil did Sea of Tranquility and said it was fair for 8c+ although some diehards still insist on giving it 8c. I remember Ben in the mags in the mid-90's was comparing Bronx and Superplafond, 8c+'s which he did in the South of France with Sea and saying he thought Liquid Amber and Sea were both about the same or harder!

I spoke to Rich about him trying Sea and he said it is a deparate rockover in the sky. He said he asked Ben for beta but he couldn't remember how he did it!

Doylo

• forum hero
#28 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 08:04:11 pm
Yes Neil did Sea of Tranquility and said it was fair for 8c+ although some diehards still insist on giving it 8c. I remember Ben in the mags in the mid-90's was comparing Bronx and Superplafond, 8c+'s which he did in the South of France with Sea and saying he thought Liquid Amber and Sea were both about the same or harder!

I spoke to Rich about him trying Sea and he said it is a deparate rockover in the sky. He said he asked Ben for beta but he couldn't remember how he did it!

Are your 100% about this, everyone i've spoke to from around that time reckoned that Carson hadn't done it. I belayed Steve on it, he missing out the rockover beta and using some minging crimps to the side, surprise, surprise! He then proceded to get his standard bat hang in after the crux.

Kingy

• forum hero
#29 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 08:20:11 pm
I'm just going off the Rockfax p81 where it says "..described by second ascentionist Neil Carson as a fierce boulder problem in the sky". I think I also remember reading about it in the mags at the time.

When did Steve try it and did he want to go on and do it?

Doylo

• forum hero
#30 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 08:24:42 pm
Yeah apparently Rockfax got it wrong and he didn't actually complete it. It was either last year or year before when Steve tried it last. He had tried it a year or two before also but managed the crux in two halfs when  i was there. I'm sure he'd like to do it but he prefers to go tradding or walking etc.. when driving over from sheff, don't think he's that physched by LPT!

Doylo

• forum hero
#31 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 08:28:05 pm
It would be good to know once and for all whether Neil did Sea of, anyone out there who knows him???

Kingy

• forum hero
#32 Re: The Unrepeated
March 07, 2008, 08:57:26 pm
Oh really that's bit of a strange one. I guess somebody got the wrong end of the stick. Would be cool if Steve could do the deed...

ehmojow

#33 Re: The Unrepeated
March 26, 2008, 03:40:40 pm
At least there is finally something "interesting" at 8a.nu. everything about the site (fast newsflashes) is good apart from the pointsystem and Jens' comments.

It's just a bit of fun.  I don't mind the point-system.  It's a bit of friendly competitiveness.  Furry muff if it's not your scene though...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal