UKBouldering.com

Grade changes on my list. Opinions please (Read 87010 times)

Scouse D

• forum hero
Did some probs tonight.
Fact Hunt I reckon 7a+ although I still found it hard.
Lilliput (rmans new thing) more like 7a but good dispite its diminutive nature
Hurry on sundown sitter hard 7a+ but didn't feel quite 7b
Ripper (Travers new prob at Baslow) 7b. Prob hard for short.

cofe

• forum hero
i forgot to post about dirty bitch ages ago. are people who found it ok using the right arete? the arete was well chalked a day or two after the discussion on here but it's not in (despite being well within reach). elimatum maximus dominus.

dave

easier than perfect day direct in my opinion

are you hepped up on goofballs? thats crazy torque.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
i forgot to post about dirty bitch ages ago. are people who found it ok using the right arete?

No.

Scouse D

• forum hero
I think flatworld LH is commiting but low end 7b, the crux being the first reach and the rest steady, just high.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Fact Hunt is probably 7b.  7a+ is a bit harsh I think

cofe

• forum hero
it also tops out. no dropping off at the ledge.

i still think 7a+.

r-man

• forum hero
Fact Hunt is probably 7b.  7a+ is a bit harsh I think

I agree with that.

it also tops out. no dropping off at the ledge.

i still think 7a+.

You're starting to sound like JB...  ;)

dave

but unlike JB, some else can actually back up that opinion - i think its 7a+ too  ;)

r-man

• forum hero
It was more the paradoxically eliminate concept of "no dropping off at the ledge" that I was referring to. As if the obvious challenge really needed augmenting with heather and dirty scrambling up seeping rock...  ;)

dave

i seem to remember topping out one of the two and it became obvious i wasn't going to bother doing it for the other. it wasn't so much the heather that bothered me, it was the crisp packets and mars bar wrappers.

abarro81

• forum hero
are you hepped up on goofballs? thats crazy torque.

I'm just weak. Maybe I was trying perfect day wrong - was matching the rail and going up, have since had a mate tell me he put right foot to hand and rocked over..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:37:57 pm by Bonjoy, Reason: [quote] »

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
It seems a lot of these offering opinions on Fact Hunt haven't done it.

Fair enough jumping off boulder problems if there's another 30ft of blank limestone above them, but when there's one slightly heathery mantel?  Man up, innit.

r-man

• forum hero
Talk to the hand.

dave

I'm just weak. Maybe I was trying perfect day wrong - was matching the rail and going up, have since had a mate tell me he put right foot to hand and rocked over..

your mate is bang on the money.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
It seems a lot of these offering opinions on Fact Hunt haven't done it.

Fair enough jumping off boulder problems if there's another 30ft of blank limestone above them, but when there's one slightly heathery mantel?  Man up, innit.
get a grip man, from what I heard you had to change your trousers when you got home (you probably just turned them inside out tho)

you also forgot to mention the green slime oozing choss up there below the slightly heathery mantel that was in fact just heather and soil

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
Listen up clown.

At least shitty pants can be rectified without going all the way into Manchester city centre to buy Tipp-Ex from Partners.  Which is what you'll be doing tomorrow if you've got a sliver of humanity in you. And by that, I don't mean Lee's penis.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
Sorry, that was me.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero

You're both right. Foot to hand, then match rail and go up. I don't know anyone who hasn't done it like this.

Jim, you know the rules. No top no tick.

dave

You're both right. Foot to hand, then match rail and go up. I don't know anyone who hasn't done it like this.

yes you do, me, john, scouse.....

Kingy

• forum hero

I matched the rail but where I differed from Abarro81 was that I then went left to the LH flatty and took my feet out of the right foothold, feet pasted on shitty smears. I reckon if you rocked up on your RF straight away after gaining the rail with both hands that would be easier.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
i seem to remember topping out one of the two and it became obvious i wasn't going to bother doing it for the other. it wasn't so much the heather that bothered me, it was the crisp packets and mars bar wrappers.

Back around.  ;)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero

Bollocks, you're memory is wrong. You match as an intermediate. You expect me to believe Dave Parry just monsters through without an obvious match?

dave

Believe it, its how i nearly flashed it, then did it 2nd (or was it 3rd?) go. Regardez moi. pretty sure johan's got the chromes to prove it. with hands like mine theres no room to match anyway.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal