UKBouldering.com

Mone Stonkey VDV (Read 3381 times)

dave

Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 09:32:13 am
Yo has anyone here got a recently purchased Stone Monkey DVD? I got this for birthday and the copy I had woulnd't play right on our DVD player. it plays, but its like it skips over say a 5th of a second every second, so it looks like its playing real jerky, and a bit too fast. yet it plays OK on the computer.

So i took it back to the shop and got it swapped. Yet the exchanged copy does the same. I've even made a copy of it on the computer onto a writable DVD (incase the original disc had a physical fault on it) but that plays just the same. I don't get it, cos we've probably got 200+ DVDs at home, ranging from shop bought films through to home-ripped DVD-Rs and they all play fine, i've never had a disc that didn't play 100% fine. I've even got the Extreme 80s DVD by the same guy as Stone Monkey (hence probably made on the same blanks and same process) and that plays fine.

Has anyone else had this with a Stone Monkey DVD? I've not yet had chance to test it on another player, and don't want to take it back to the shop again if they are all the same. But at the same time its a ballache not being able to watch it on the telly. I don't understand how the ripped copy doesn't even play right, makes me think theres some data fault in it which the computer can handle but not the DVD palyer. Question?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 09:36:10 am
I've a copy but its a year or so old and plays absolutely fine.  Could be a dodgy batch of DVD's.  Perhaps worth contacting http://www.alhughes.tv/ to find out if they've had many other problems.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 09:38:23 am
I got mine when it first came out.  No problems.
Does it play OK on you PC?

dave

#3 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 09:49:51 am
Does it play OK on you PC?

Theres a coded message about this in my post above..... ;)

contacting that guy might not be a bad idea.

anyone else?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#4 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 10:07:03 am
Sorry, just got home from nights.  Brain slow is.  Coded messages do not compute.

How old is your DVD player?  It may be a compatability issue, even if Birth of Extreme works.  Did you decrypt and remove region data when you ripped and burned?  If not, try it- if it then plays there's some issue with your player's compatability.  If not, I dunno.

dave

#5 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 10:14:27 am
player is a goodmans from about 2003, its not a sony by any means but is decent quality and had no other problems. I cracked it to be regionless years ago, so this problem shouldn't be owt to do wi region shit.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#6 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 03:07:41 pm
He means remove all encryption and region coding from the DVD itself, this might help things. My copy has always played fine.

dave

#7 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 03:43:55 pm
yeah i know what he means (not that I know how to do it).

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#8 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 04:17:40 pm
I wouldn't bother faffing with encryption etc if you have paid for it, it should just work.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#9 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 04:36:00 pm
try using dvd decrypter

dave

#10 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 05:45:42 pm
I wouldn't bother faffing with encryption etc if you have paid for it, it should just work.

my thoughts hexactly.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#11 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 08:03:44 pm
(not that I know how to do it)

I do  8) :lol:

Reckon you should head over to Cymru and fuck that Hughes chancer up good.   Hobble the cunt.  I mean, he's ripping you blind man!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#12 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 08:35:54 pm

my thoughts hexactly.

I would agree with this, but some older players struggle with newer discs, hence my questions.
Good luck.

dave

#13 Re: Mone Stonkey VDV
February 12, 2008, 09:21:00 pm
some older players struggle with newer discs, hence my questions.

I'm only 27. don't hate the player, hate the game. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal