UKBouldering.com

Sheffield Art 08 : Yes No and Other Options (Read 7890 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Quote from: Paul B link=topic=8679.msg135266#msg135266

Maybe the listing is the reason for redevelopment instead of many peoples preferred wrecking ball.

The story for years in Sheffield has been "ooh they can't do anythin' to Park 'ill cos it's listed tha no's". Apologies - I've lived here a while but I'm no Irvine Welsh on written expression of dialect.

This is quite obviously complete shite as there was major discussion between the council and various developers as to the viability of demolition / redevelopment and (guessing here) redevelopment won as it will line more people's pockets in the short term. Had the listing of the buildings been an issue then demolition would never have been an option which is why I draw the conclusion that the decision was cash based rather than "good of the city" based.

I'm not optimistic but, as I mentioned before, I hope I'm proved wrong and it's a massive success.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Class.

What is particularly impressive about this above the usual art-justification-drivel is that his concept is obvious and there for all to see. Yes the normal flow of time has been interrupted, yes that may have a bit of interest. Big deal, it doesn't need stating the bleeding obvious at great length does it...

Bang on. Check the links above though Fiend. This cunt has been getting away with spouting unbelievably excessive reams of bullshit and then delivering toss as "art" for quite a while.

I'm still not certain that that entire Sheffield Art...... website isn't some sort of elaborate pisstake though. I thought I'd try to find out about the Park 'ill ilumination project but everything I clicked on gave me a page of verbose drivel so ruinously awful that I felt more and more like someone was tugging my chain.

It coincides too easily with the "death" of Jeremy Beadle. Perhaps he'll pop out from behind Ondak's latest "Installation"/pile of wank as a Sheffield City Ambassador and give the cunt a parking ticket for excessive leaf droppage in a NO STOPPING (except for various reasons that we wont explain unless you argue) zone.

One can but hope.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
You can't knock down Park Hill ,it's a grade two listed building , a classic peice of 60's architecture built in homage to the great Le Corbusier ...... Fuck the fact that people  can't live in it ....... You'll be wanting to set fire to Tracy Emin's seminal work 'Bed' next just because people can't sleep in it .......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal