UKBouldering.com

Need help & fast! (Read 8530 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#25 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 09:54:49 pm
Seriously, I only snore when  f u c k i n g   c u n t e d.  Like last night   *sneegar*

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#26 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 09:57:38 pm
I missed the live event of this thread, but have just read through it. My hands sweated, my mouth went dry and my anxiety levels performed cartwheels with some empathy imps. I felt every bit of fear, elation and whatever that stuff was in between. Way better than Eastenders.
Nice one, guys  :bow:

You recovering OK, Houdini ?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#27 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 10:04:11 pm
Thanks for your Concern Lagers,

I'm recovering:  took my first asprin in oooh 5 years yesterday and a few today.  Alas I've got too used to 5 hrs sleep and as Fraudini never tires of refering to: those pesky Yanks did some research (corroborated by those pesky Japs) which proved that those that sleep too far below/over 7 hours a night - die younger.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#28 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 10:12:34 pm
Well done Houdini. Lets hope Frau doesn't have a headache tonight.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#29 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 10:20:02 pm
Well, the best place to start with trying to sort out your sleep patterns is to CUT DOWN ON THE FUCKING BOOZE  :-[. It takes a while to get used to "normal" sleep patterns without booze (3rd night off is the worst for me), but after a few weeks most people settle down to a healthy sleep pattern. Those ridiculously low Safe Drinking Guidelines that have been agreed by the NHS are at that level for a reason.
Also, you don't want to be using booze-damaged sperm to make the future generation of Uber-Houdis do you, eh?

Do as I say, not as I do

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#30 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 10:38:03 pm
I totally agree w/ the above; very wise words.

I started digging port and then marsala and then red wine (progressive reduction in alcohol there - must be a good sign) after giving up tabs.  Naturally the craving must be sated, booze did it for a while in the abscence of fags and pot - but now I don't feel the need so much.  It's weird:  it's like there is a set amount of what your brain must feel:  3 days off = 3 bottles of red wine to compensate.  The oddest thing . . .

I'm quite lucky I feel, in that I didn't taste alcohol or any drug from 16 - 24 (utterly Straight-Edge, having only been drunk once on my 16th BDay is good going) but was followed by smoking fags then pot then other things opened up by the aforementioned gateway drugs.  It's the time I gave up fags/pot that have been disturbing on the booze front.  1.5L of Italian 13% red and no hangover plus the ability to run a half-marathon but 7 hours after the last drop was drained is shocking.  I'm an animal, just smaller than the avarage bear, Bo-bo  ;)

I'm not looking forward to when my active (read rememberable) REM-state returns.  I have savage dreams . .

PS  We have an issue.  Fraudini's underactive thyroid makes her unusually infertile . . .    overtime wann sie ist fructbar . . .   :shag:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#31 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 11:29:08 pm
PS  We have an issue.  Fraudini's underactive thyroid makes her unusually infertile . . .    overtime wann sie ist fructbar . . .   :shag:

Good excuse to cover up the brewer's droop....  :lol:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#32 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 11:37:33 pm
I'm both fine and upstanding - besides, it's vintner's droop.   ;)   I'm not super-worried . . .  but women think differently on these matters.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#33 Re: Need help & fast!
February 12, 2008, 11:39:38 pm
If you are trying, it takes ages.  If you aren't it doesn't.
Sweeping generalisation but it seems that way.
Your age is against you.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#34 Re: Need help & fast!
February 13, 2008, 11:20:26 pm
Glad the Plaice went well. Sack your conman fishmonger though -talk about dressing plaice up as sole honestly!

Bass is my favourite fish to eat but would like to know some good Skate recipes after watching this evening's installment of Master Chef.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#35 Re: Need help & fast!
February 13, 2008, 11:28:36 pm
He didn't dress up Plaice as Sole.  The German for Plaice is Scholle.  I mistook it for Sole.  My mistake. 

I've only eaten skate the once.  I thought it foul.  Really unpleasant texture, that was 2 decades ago - I remember it like it was yesterday.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#36 Re: Need help & fast!
February 13, 2008, 11:32:38 pm
He didn't dress up Plaice as Sole.  The German for Plaice is Scholle.  I mistook it for Sole.  My mistake. 

I know but I couldn't resist using the phrase plaice dressed as sole. Thought there might have been an easily engineered joke using ah sole! and my plaice but couldn't think of one.

bouldermonkey

• regular
#37 Re: Need help & fast!
February 13, 2008, 11:35:35 pm
Oh . . .

I've just been informed that Fraudini slept on the couch from 3 to 7am as I was snoring like a fuckpig; farting like a fatcunt from Bradford after a vindaloo w/ spicy rice and 14 pints of kingfisher; woke up after prodding to sleepily say I don't snore! before dropping off to more continue the snorefest like the selfish drunk bastard I was  ;)

Ah well . . .   ;D

Read the thread with interest.. learnt a lot too... ten i read this and just cracked up.

nice one!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#38 Re: Need help & fast!
February 13, 2008, 11:52:09 pm
Yeah - it was kinda amusing.  I really need to branch out in cooking flesh.  Fraudini is not a beef fan but loves pork (must be the Kraut in her) and hates goat and lamb (too feral/beasty).  I may go for a decent cut of pork the next time I get out-of-order.

Actually, for €70 I could learn how to make sushi (guaranteed shag + trimmings w/ Fraudini) @ a cooking school 5 mins down the road . . .  That's a good price for a full day in someone elses kitchen inc. ingredients.  But it's expensive to cook oneself is sushi.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#39 Re: Need help & fast!
February 14, 2008, 06:44:32 am
A nice piece of hake, floured and fried is superb

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#40 Re: Need help & fast!
February 14, 2008, 08:51:37 am
But it's expensive to cook oneself is sushi.

No, you are wrong. Basic stuff like sushi rolls is easy . Get yourself a rolling mat , sushi rice, rice wine vinegar and some seaweed sheets and you're all set (need salt and sugar too). Get the rice right and your rolling skills will do the rest. Main tips are; keep the rolling mat dry and clean, spread the rice as thin as possible, roll nice and tight, don't try to fit in too much of whatever filling you are going to use and use a very sharp, unserated knife to slice the rolls.
Get some light soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabe paste to go with it.
You can make veg rolls for yourself and fish rolls for Frau.
She might appreciate being given a box of sushi rolls to take to work for her packed lunch?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal