UKBouldering.com

Criccieth is where its at (Read 1639 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Criccieth is where its at
August 24, 2003, 11:47:19 pm
This place is brilliant - fantastic ice cream, beach for the misses to lie on and sea for cooling off in after a good session pulling down on skin friendly rock  :lol:  . Don't think there is anything mega hard here but did most of the problems and am intrested to know if anyone has info about the problems - names, grades etc  especially the biggest cave prob & the sitter to the right of this pulling on side pulls and pinches up to the small arete. Well rate the later but couldn't quite do the cave prob but still looks cool.
Will it be in the new guide?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 Criccieth is where its at
August 26, 2003, 06:45:53 pm
it sounds like heaven. I can't be bothered to go to streetmap so - whats it near?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#2 Criccieth is where its at
August 26, 2003, 07:49:50 pm
Its in the north wales fax. Its a small town near porthmadog easy to get to using a road map. To get there just drive through the town and turn where it is sign posted 'beach' and 'castle' or similar. There are two beach mind split by a little headland with a castle ruins on it, you want the non sandy beach the other side of this with a mini crag running down the side of it.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#3 Criccieth is where its at
August 26, 2003, 08:29:44 pm
Eventually found a picture.

I know its not the best picture so have sent in some pictures of two of the problems as well (i ain't got any web space - anyone know of any free web space to put photos on for the board)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal