UKBouldering.com

Any one get out to sweat this weekend? (Read 4236 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 11:00:41 am
got out early to raven tor on sunday to catch some cons, unfortunately it was stiller than jerrys moffats climvbing career and at 7.00 am it was already 22deg and climbing quickly...bollox
to cap it all i prob did break a bone in  my wrist two weeks ago and it fucking killed when i climbed on it and poss maybe need to visit casualty

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 11:06:57 am
Fuck that - far too hot to bother, and I was still feeling iffy anyway - how you getting on with those ps2 games?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 11:11:16 am
I wonder if its better to go really late at night or early on? I mean, in the morning is there a dew problem? at night I suppose the rocks would have been in the sun all day and be exuding heat? I dunno.

I went to BoulderUK at Blackburn. It was quality and in good condition. I think I lost about a stone from sweat.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#3 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 11:25:29 am
Yeah, just too hot i reckon for this shit, might be forced to have some time off cos of wrist any way, if it is broken might have to have op to fix it. that will teach me to fall off me push bike
stil playing getaway but bit of a prob with download on mission 12
but done training mission on splinter cell, very good

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#4 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 12:02:21 pm
Went to Robin Hood's Stride last friday night and only managed B5 problem and tried to do B6/B7 which seem to be impossible.

Ah well other time.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 12:20:28 pm
Oh aye, went for a test drive in a new Impreza Turbo to see what the new shape ones are like. This one had been tweaked up to 265bhp too. I was expecting it to be a beast, struggling for grip out of bends on the power, etc.....but it wasn't. Quick yes, but not *that* quick. Maybe riding a fast bike spoils you or something.

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#6 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 12:42:11 pm
Friday - ended up a Woodhouse Scar for a quick session.

Saturday - mopped around, far too hot to do anything.

Sunday - Went up to the Kinder Northern Edges, and experienced the most bizarre weather. Rained as we were walking up, got there it was still raining but it was so warm the rock was dry. Climbed in the rain until it cleared up, and then began to bake. After I'd baked for a few hours, it then misted up, cooled down and then cleared again when we were walking back down.

All in all the most bizarre set of weather conditions I have ever climbed in.

nik at work

• forum hero
#7 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 12:52:13 pm
Bubba get yourself a test drive of the new 911 turbo - that is quite a brisk car, and IMHO a lot more involving and fun to drive than an Impreza et al (which I find a tad clinical and uninspiring) without being death on a stick scary.

Never been on a bike so don't know how they compare.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#8 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:07:41 pm
Unfortunately I don't have £100k to spend a motor, otherwise I probably would. I'm looking at about £15k for a new shape 'preza or possibly a brand new euro-import if the euro exchange rate gets a bit nicer.

I shudder to think what the running costs of a top-end Porsche would be like.

The only car that I've ever seen give a bike a hard time in a straight line was a Cerbera. Now they're nasty fast.

nik at work

• forum hero
#9 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:14:17 pm
Yeah Cerebras are fast but a real handfull, gets out of shape very easily and you can't get it back.
To be honest the 911 felt faster to me (although I dunno how the stats compare), but it was fun to drive rather than terrifying.

What about an old 911? Now that really would be a handfull....

I'm currenlty trying to convince the gf that we should sell our house when its finished and buy a 911, she seems strangely unconvinced by the proposal...

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#10 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:18:27 pm
Don't get me started on Cerbera V 911 thingy like I did on CT!!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:22:45 pm
Cerbera's are the best looking car ever made imho, but I'd never buy one for the reasons you give...and the unreliablilty of TVR's and the running costs.

So, were you test driving a 911 turbo with a view to buy, or just trying it on?!

Don't fancy an old 911 - I'd kill myself. I like imprezas and the like coz they're so easy to drive fast in all weathers, are some of the best value of performance per pound and are very reliable. Also, even when they slide they're just so predictable and confidence inspiring....

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#12 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:30:30 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Cerbera's are the best looking car ever made imho, but I'd never buy one for the reasons you give...and the unreliablilty of TVR's and the running costs.

Agreed about the best looking car ever made but the reliability is much better now than before. Just steer clear of pre '98 cerbera with AJP8 or Speed 6. Later model is well sorted.

Wouldn't mind getting 450SEAC - outrageous model

nik at work

• forum hero
#13 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:34:43 pm
I wish I could buy one. Just don't have £100K lying around - strange that :D
I have just been lucky enough to test drive into various auto exotica

I'd agree that the cerebra is terrifying, but not sure their reliability is that bad.

Also the impreza is drivable in all conditions, and is 'easy' and is the best value performance/cost wise. As a car to own and use day to day it is probably a total winner, but as a dream car I'd pick the 911.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#14 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:48:08 pm
Yeah, been doing some reading and apparantly the Cerbera's aren't that unreliable. Bet they're thirsty mind.

Dream car? I wouldn't kick an RUF RTurbo out of bed:

mark

• forum abuser
#15 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:49:42 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Don't fancy an old 911 - I'd kill myself. I like imprezas and the like coz they're so easy to drive fast in all weathers, are some of the best value of performance per pound and are very reliable. Also, even when they slide they're just so predictable and confidence inspiring....

Drove my brother's 1973 911 last summer and it was a complete beast. Probably not that fast in modern performance terms but savage. It roared as soon as you turned the key and would bite if you took any liberties with it. Tremendous fun, far more dramatic than any other car I've driven.  Definitely not the car to have for a long drive in the wet but for putting a smile on your face it was terrific.

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#16 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 01:58:14 pm
My dad drive 1981 911 (930) turbo and it is lovely car and very fast.

Would love to get this ultimate Cerbera Speed 12 for my sunday car  :no:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#17 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 02:48:31 pm
Yeah, well, I've got a J reg Peugeot 106 with a 2ft crack in the windscreen and 13" steel wheels - yeah! thats right BABY! GET OUT THE WAY!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#18 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 02:57:58 pm
That's what comes from having 12 points !

I'm only even thinking of something quick coz I'm almost clean again....

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#19 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 07:58:53 pm
Back to bouldering though (I won't bore you with the quite unbelievable details of my Fiat Cinquecento).

Fuck me has it been hot.

I just can't be bothered to go outside because I break out in a runamile asquickicaninthemiddleofthesummer sweat just by lifting my mat out of the car.

Instead, I've been trying to keep cool in the garage.  But even with the fans on full blast I'm still greasing off jugs.  I just came flying off my campus board too.  Just as I was pulling through, my contacted fingers just slipped off the rung, causing me to nearly crack my face on the board, and leaving a sweaty print of my tips.

I do love the sunshine, and I hate to sound all moany, and I do appreciate that we don't get this kind of weather very often.  But you must appreciate I am obsessed with bouldering, I think about it all the time, I need to be doing it, and sweating off easy problems just ruins my day.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#20 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 11, 2003, 08:44:29 pm
Still on bouldering, went to the cromlech boulders at about midnight last night and had some pretty good conditions. was a bit tricky with only a head torch on low battery and a mag light. Still failed to do problem 2 on boulder 1 (the crimpy thing - any beta would be nice!)....again but had a good laugh anyway.

Don't remember seeing the graffiti before, any one knows what it means?

Also had a good day at wavelength and surrounding boulders (despite the rain last night and this morning), although got a bit warm in the afternoon

dave

#21 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 12, 2003, 01:50:19 pm
yo muthafukkaz

mi krew were in full effect on friday nite at the shaven-haven tor. (Missed th RV with Nik, soz !). We were aving a powerband sess, but it was a little to damp for comfort, even cubbit cun't ice it (and i consider my ability about on a par...).  Plusit was proper hot, i was sweating like someone with Parkinson's opperating a baconslicer. Din't get out at the weekend, plus to add insult to injury, i did something to my back shifting shit round the attic on sunday which left me immobile for the rest of the day and scored my monday and today off work :lol: (every cloud etc etc...)

However as of today i am broadbanded up like a mofo, so just show me some high bandwidth sites and me loves us some downloading, and it be showing like a muthafucker. Kiss my bad self.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#22 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 12, 2003, 02:44:26 pm
Have you been listning to Yoda a bit too much dave?

dave

#23 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 12, 2003, 02:48:17 pm
its laid out like that. SHIT DOGG!

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#24 Any one get out to sweat this weekend?
August 12, 2003, 03:16:15 pm
I take it you didn't forget your towel!
If you're into that  sort of stuff try osymyso (www.osymyso.com) and also the goldie lookin chain are pretty good (freespace.virgin.net/glc.1) you can dowload tracks from both these site, I also share them on fasttrack network, (kazaa-lite etc). Try the intro-inspection on osymyso site first, if your into that get the mixes as well

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal