UKBouldering.com

Where would you be? (Read 2799 times)

Mike_H

• menacing presence
Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 09:52:31 am
Right, I've sat at work for the past two days sorting out loads of exchange problems and wishing I was somewhere else.

Continuing on from that thought I booked myself some flights to Barcelona with Sleazyjet for £61 inc taxes, to check out Siurana in November.

Question is, where would you rather be right now?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 09:57:46 am
Nowhere - I love my job with a vengeance!
Ok, I'd quite like to be on an unlimited length world tour in my specially  converted 747. I'd have all my toys, my crew, my harem and personal assistants on board, and I'd be able to go wherever there was an airfield on merely a whim.
I'd start with an extended powder snowboarding trip wherever the best champagne powder was at that moment, followed by the Southern US sandstone for a bouldering and weed holiday, then probably take it easy on a quiet South East Asian island for a couple of months. Quite fancy a trip into outer space at a cool $23m too - that'd be a laff.

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#2 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:02:37 am
Sounds good Bubba, do all the UKB crew get to come as well?

As for my job, I hate it with a vegeance, currently looking for a new job at the moment. Hence me day dreaming...

Me, I'd quite like to be in Thailand climbing off the beach, the chilling in the evening smoking some green.

Hampi appeals as well, just not that keen on the squalor, suppose you'd get a decent curry though after a hard days bouldering though.  :wink:

dave

#3 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:02:48 am
Right now I'd rather be in the roof cavity of the girls changing room in a californian uni/college gym, after a cheerleading session, equipped with a photographic memory.

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#4 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:04:21 am
:up:  :up:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:10:32 am
Quote from: "Mike_H"
Sounds good Bubba, do all the UKB crew get to come as well?

Of course - all part of the fun!
I've always hated my job but it's better than digging up a road in 30 degree heat!

Quote from: "Mike_H"
Me, I'd quite like to be in Thailand climbing off the beach, the chilling in the evening smoking some green.

Thailand is lovely, and the climbing looks good, but there's probably lots of other better places to go than Rai Lai. Kao Toh (sp!) looks mighty fine as a diving/bouldering island.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:11:17 am
Quote from: "dave"
Right now I'd rather be in the roof cavity of the girls changing room in a californian uni/college gym, after a cheerleading session, equipped with a photographic memory.

Now we know what your broadband is going to be used for, don't we  :D

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#7 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:14:02 am
eh lads, just got back from a bouldering sesh while ur all at work  :lol:
cons were pretty good at 6.30am at stanage and a very enjoyable warm up was had........however at 7ish the slight wind dropped the temp went up and thousands and i mean thousands of midges appeared fuk i actually ran away screaming, jeez i itch now

Mike_H

• menacing presence
#8 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:27:18 am
You must be keen fatboy to be up and out bouldering at 6.30am!!!!

The most excertion I could handle at that time in the morning is opening my eyes.

dave

#9 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 10:34:33 am
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
eh lads, just got back from a bouldering sesh while ur all at work  :lol:

bloody workshy wage-doggers! get a fucking proper 9-5 job cottle, then we can all feel better that you're not having more fun then us. :wink: why i aughta.......

underground

• forum hero
#10 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 12:38:46 pm
Now then Fatty, don't you always itch what with your horrible sweaty nads?

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#11 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 12:57:32 pm
I'd imagine urs do loverboy what with the amount of filth ure normally grovelling around in....especially with that nasty rash :wink:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#12 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 01:09:21 pm
I'd be at Bora Bora beach, Ibiza. Some kind soul has imported Camp4 for me and rearranged it all in an exact replica of the real thing, and there are maidens with palm fronds fanning the problems so the holds are the right temperature.

Danny Tenaglia is spinning a few choice cuts and my girlfriend is really interested in my climbing.

Fantastic, just a little too fantastical.

dave

#13 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 01:23:54 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
.....and my girlfriend is really interested in my climbing.

now come on, theres fantasy and then theres fantasy.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#14 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 02:20:33 pm
Apparently Lisa Rands used to be a climbing widow, she would sit at the bottom and moan, then she got started and look at her now. Still hasn't got my missus fooled though.

dave

#15 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 02:27:58 pm
I recon she's the hardest climbing hamster lookalike in the world. I bet she's had a fair few nuts in her mouth over the years (sorry i couldn't resist that one).

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#16 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 02:29:34 pm
Well I am taking my wife out to crag tonight (it her first time) let see what happen!!

But I certainly don't want her to climb like Lisa Rands tho!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#17 Where would you be?
August 13, 2003, 03:06:10 pm
Well I broke the "I just don't like it!" frame of mind at Cuisiniere so hopefully I can drag her out again sometime and she'll be a little more receptive.
Anyway, she's skinny and fit so would prolly burn my ass off if she got too into it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal