UKBouldering.com

Loud N-n-n-n-nnnnoisy Guitar Shizzle [Rock/Metal/Thrash etc] (Read 162335 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I recently got a Belphegor vest to give me extra training power at the wall / gym, and to celebrate have been listening to this track a lot:

Sounds absolutely fantastic in the car, proper thunderous business  :strongbench:

measles23

• stalker
Thank you Fiend for pointing me to this thread - after 20 pages of catching up:

Agreed  :wub: for Rolo Tomasso

Impressed at Decrepit Birth demonstrating that demon DNA is the secret to effective use of volumes on their Axis Mundi cover..

Have Deezered all the following: Allegaeon, cancer bats, carcass, cult of luna, gallows, ghost brigade, immortal, lamb of god, rolo tomasso,slice the cake, soreption..

Not much metalcore tho, so offerings from my heavy lifting playlist:

Architects - don’t seem to be able to overplay anything by them.. RIP Tom Searle:

Bury Tomorrow - responsible for breaking my 180 deadlift plateau:

Darkest Hour - appeal to my inner goth:

Still remains:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Welcome aboard beast :)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
I probably posted this before but it still is phenomenally good after all these years. Guitars are just  :sick:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
It finally happened. A few years after ogling my way through the pretty inspiring youtube channel Women Of Extreme Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkL6835M5z4ZgRvpQfTJ5rA (I naturally find women into such forms of extreme and brutal expression fascinating and enticing) and buying music from several featured bands, I got to see "Cult Brit art-metal beserkers" (copyright Kerrang and what a wonderful description) Rolo Tomassi live last night, on the first night of their UK tour for their new album Time Will Die And Love Will Bury It. Despite still feeling pretty ropey after another nausea bout of the weekend and thus avoiding the pit, it was bloody brilliant. The wall-of-emotional-noise is perfect live, and as well as Eva's vocals (impressively clear after many screaming songs) and James's charismatic geek moshing, the drumming came across especially well, alternating tribal, methodic, and black metal blastbeats as required. Some of the tracklist, in order:

I actually had a lump in my throat at the end of the last one....

mark20

• junky
Batushka - Their debut album caused something of a sensation when in came out in 2015. An interesting take on traditional black metal blast beats and screams with the addition of a 3 piece church choir and chilling, atmospheric guitar leads. Saw them in Manchester earlier this year, a brilliant night.

They are playing Damnation at Leeds University in November http://www.damnationfestival.co.uk/lineup/
Which is shaping up pretty nicely

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Very good, works really well together :)

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Batushka - Their debut album caused something of a sensation when in came out in 2015. An interesting take on traditional black metal blast beats and screams with the addition of a 3 piece church choir and chilling, atmospheric guitar leads.

Totally slept on this album, it's brilliant! Really looking forward to seeing them later in the year. https://batushka.bandcamp.com/

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
I've been having a bit of a metal resurgence recently, it's cheering me up. Got a load of CDs, the highlights of which apart from Temple Of Void whom I've recommended already, are some flamboyantly over-the-top deathcore from Shadow Of Intent, and some proper catchy melodic death metal from Rivers Of Nihil:

Stuff like this makes me genuinely excited to still be into extreme metal :)

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
The new Alice in Chains album is really rather good. Heavy, sludgy and melodic:

mark20

• junky
Happened to catch Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs on a live session on radio 6 the other week. Good slow, sludgy, old skool Sabbath-esque stuff. They are doing a load of shows this Autumn 

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Saw Halestorm at the Manchester Apollo last night, but the support blew me away. Amazing set, fantastic theatrics, stunning riffage.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
I forgot to say they are the bastard child of a one night stand between Alice Cooper and Trivium  :lets_do_it_wild:  :punk:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
New Behemoth is a bit pompous and not as intense as the Satanist, but still pretty neat.

This has the added bonus of Czech sandstone:

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
There’s been a bit of drama with Batushka, with the band splitting and there now essentially being two bands with the same name. There’s a new album from the guitarist (who appears to be the actual creative force) on Bandcamp now and it’s amazing https://batushka-panihida.bandcamp.com/releases

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Christ I haven't posted on here for ages.

These fine gentlemen are from the hectic sun-drenched island of Malta:

The album is great :)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
someone recommended me this recently and it is rather good although the vocals are somewhat monotonous....fairly cheery for these rainy days tho.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/death-metal-English this is brilliant

Also new Tomb Mold album is excellent riffage

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
I don't go and watch many bands anymore however last weekend one of my favourite hardcore bands, Have Heart, played some final shows (6 world wide and only 1 in the UK). It was one of the best shows I have been to in a long long time, the energy and positivity in the room was amazing.

I think this video of the final song says it all:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
LOL that looks pretty communal.

Teestub, cheers, will check that out later.

Got to see Rolo Tomassi again supporting Gojira a few weeks back, pretty damn cool. They are intense as fuck, and Gojira themselves were spectacular even if I don't like their new mellower stuff as much.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Tomb Mold made for some nice Sunday evening listening - you're right about the riffage there!

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
Glad you enjoyed, their album Manor of Infinite Forms was one of my favourites from last year too.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Lots of good metal coming out soon....

Deathcore still throwing out the occasional gem, I like the back and forth vocals at 1:20 - 1:50

Cattle Decap at back too! And playing in Manchester early Nov. I just did Cattle Mutilation Experience at Masson Lees in their honour.

mark20

• junky
Went to see Rolo Tomassi a few months ago, having listened to a couple of tracks you posted Fiend  :thumbsup:. Great gig, fantastic singer in particular

I've been enjoying the new Tool album recently, I wasn't blown away at first but it took quite a few listens for me to get into it. 'Pneuma' probably my favourite song on the album at the moment, with a (deliberate?) resemblance to Schism from the Lateralus album-

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
New Gatecreeper this week, I saw it summed up as ‘stadium death metal’ in a review, which I think is about right, riffs for days. Not as good as Sonoran Deprivation, but that was a high mark to meet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal