UKBouldering.com

If you could go anywhere in summer.... (Read 8767 times)

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#25 Re: If you could go anywhere in summer....
December 20, 2007, 09:24:33 pm
I'd expect to see a Sea Monster on that map.

n_man

• obsessive maniac
#26 Re: If you could go anywhere in summer....
December 21, 2007, 11:35:04 pm
We camped at the obvious campsite on the dirt road into rocklands. Basic and people come round to collect money then leave (from memory) You will need a hire car and I was glad that I wasn't camping up there on my own. For a couple of days midweek we were the only pair but that was a few years ago. The bouldering is great even though I got tick fever which totally zapped my power. The sport stuff isn't worth the effort considering how good the bouldering is and due to a bolting ban is extremely limited.

Cape Town has loads of climbing and it might be fruitful going to the topside bouldering(?) (on Table Mountain) to meet other people to climb with or other more popular areas such as the Mine for sports stuff.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: If you could go anywhere in summer....
December 22, 2007, 08:39:32 pm
Last I heard negotiations were underway to allow some more routes to be bolted. Still won't compare to boulders though

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Tangier, then further this summer for us.

Stef

• player
Hi, I'm a local Font climber. Once you are in NZ, you have fast access to OZ and asia, which means you'd better have a "last" go here before the big motion. Our past summers, since the 03 heat wave, have been very good for climbing. Long days, not too hot, not so many climbers in the forest. Aprils and sept. / oct., where it gets the most busy, were from far much warmer than july / aug.     I run a Gite + b&b at a walking distance from the elephant and 3.5 miles from the 3 pignons.
Have a look at www.bonadresse.com/ile-de-france/la-chapelle-la-reine.htm you can expect various discount in the b&b according to how many rooms and nights you'd stay in. You are welcome to ask for more ! Also, I rent crash-pads. Cheers, Stef.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal