technical > computers, technology and the internet

Mobile phone recommendations please...

<< < (4/128) > >>

Bubba:

--- Quote from: fatdoc on March 28, 2008, 08:45:21 pm ---do you really need the smartphone?
--- End quote ---
Free upgrade so why not? I'm not overly concerned about battery life as i'm rarely away from a car or mains charger for any length of time; certainly not for more than 24 hours so it's not really an issue.

GPS navigation is nice, as is the camera and the ability to use the web pretty much anywhere, via wifi hotspots where available.

unclesomebody:

--- Quote from: Jim on March 28, 2008, 10:52:45 pm ---Just got nokia N82, camera is really impressive. I've stuck with my E65 for another 9 months and given this to the wife cos she uses the camera thing more. She says the music player is really impressive sound quality wise and likes it a lot.
Those still using N73, debrand and update to latest firmware. Its a lot quicker now, use google if you don't know how

Battery life on mobiles will never be the same again since they discontinued the 6310i. What a phone that was. Your lucky if you get 2 days max now. A week was easy for the 6310i

--- End quote ---

http://europe.nokia.com/6300i   (14 days standy Jim... perhaps you've found your replacement)

E65 is an old phone and way behind in tech shit. The N95 8GB is looking pretty good and definitely worth getting over the regular N95 (for many reasons but mainly the larger screen!).

LG KS20 is worth looking into if you can find it in the UK. Other than that I still assert the HTC Touch Cruise (XDA Orbit 2) is where it's at. Or wait a while for the Nokia N96 (a mild upgrade if you read the full review at mobile review) or be really smart and wait for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1. The biggest deal in phones since the Sony Ericsson P800.

fatdoc:

--- Quote from: Bubba on March 28, 2008, 11:27:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: fatdoc on March 28, 2008, 08:45:21 pm ---do you really need the smartphone?
--- End quote ---
Free upgrade so why not? I'm not overly concerned about battery life as i'm rarely away from a car or mains charger for any length of time; certainly not for more than 24 hours so it's not really an issue.

GPS navigation is nice, as is the camera and the ability to use the web pretty much anywhere, via wifi hotspots where available.

--- End quote ---

cant be arsed to charge them up mate.... just want a small phone that phones and texts...  I'm with jim on the old 6000 series of nokia.... bloody ace battery life!

Bubba:

--- Quote from: unclesomebody on March 28, 2008, 11:30:20 pm ---The N95 8GB is looking pretty good and definitely worth getting over the regular N95 (for many reasons but mainly the larger screen!).

--- End quote ---
Definitely - worth noting that the screen is still the same resolution though.

Got Garmin Mobile XT working on it as a satnav using the internal GPS receiver and it's pretty damn good so far. Takes a while to find satellites at first but once you're up and running it works as well as the basic tomtoms i've used.

Jim:
I don't rate the N95 at all. Its like a brick and there are no end to problems with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version