UKBouldering.com

Poll

Is a ticklist for each crag a good idea?

Inspired!
2 (100%)
Rubbish!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: August 07, 2003, 01:18:12 pm

Ticklists (Read 1226 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Ticklists
August 07, 2003, 01:18:12 pm
We've mentioned the Big 4's on another thread, and Mike H is very kindly going to post a ticklist for Woodhouse Scar for me, so would anyone be interested to see a ticklist of the best problems (of any grade) for each crag for which there is a guide?

The idea being - each crag has classic problems, if you are going to swing past a crag and don't have too much time then you'll probably want to do the classics???

From a web point of view you could make a database table for each of the crags, put the problems into the table, have a wee description too perhaps and then a tally count. Make a web form that people can vote their faves at the crag into the database and then a view form that orders by votes. Only registered users can vote so it stops people putting daft stuff in. Whaddya reckon?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Ticklists
August 07, 2003, 01:32:47 pm
Might be good in addition to a topo but I reckon a topo is the most important thing...

dave

#2 Ticklists
August 07, 2003, 01:34:29 pm
I think the jury is out on this one. I recon its ceratily a bad idead for popular crags like stanage etc since a. we don't need more traffic on already popular clasics, and b. everyone already know the classics.

But for relativley unpopular crags it might be an idea.

dave

#3 Ticklists
August 07, 2003, 01:39:53 pm
So for froggatt you'd have:

Oedopus Traverse
Ape Drape
Joe's Slab Arete
Joes Slab Central problem (little pockets)
Tombstone Central Problem
Hairpin Boulder Arete

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Ticklists
August 07, 2003, 06:35:33 pm
Youse forgettin 'pig heart boy'

pure class.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal