UKBouldering.com

ROOM 101 (Read 474338 times)

dave

#1200 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 11:41:54 am
even if he had indicated, he should have still checked his mirrors.

did you manage to roll the bike too?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1201 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 11:46:51 am
Glad you're ok, they should proceed with that if they don't make a fuss.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1202 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 11:48:06 am
Cheers peeps.

@dave : Very good, although it was more me who got rolled this time than the bike.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1203 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 11:54:03 am
Whiplash claim in the offing?  ;)
At least claim for a new Helmet too...

Last time I was knocked off a bike (was 15 yrs ago..) I managed to catch up with the bastard at the next set of traffic lights and stood right in front of his car, held the bike up in the air and threatened to throw it into his windscreen if he didnt talk to me....
All I wanted then was an apology....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1204 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 11:55:46 am
Whiplash claim in the offing?  ;)

I certainly think you should get checked out........

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1205 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 11:58:02 am
Nah, can't be arsed with such litigation.

Helmet doesn't appear to have even made contact with the tarmac, no new scratches anyway.

Just want a new wheel, an apology and admitting he was in the wrong, didn't signal and didn't check his mirror.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#1206 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 12:07:52 pm
Danny Dyer

And a new one, someone called 'Roy Smiles'.

benpritch

• forum abuser
#1207 Re: ROOM 101
September 10, 2009, 12:10:17 pm
Danny Dyer

And a new one, someone called 'Roy Smiles'.

danny dyer gets my vote - total wanker

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1208 Re: ROOM 101
September 12, 2009, 08:31:38 am
What a cunt.

Aye和手榴弹被pulledapartment毕业替我camels

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1209 Re: ROOM 101
September 12, 2009, 08:33:01 am
Sorry, went Chinese on you there, don't ask...   Meant to say he should be pulled apart by camels.

[mod]removed racial slur[/mod]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:13:41 am by Bubba »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1210 Re: ROOM 101
September 14, 2009, 11:07:06 am
And Roy Smiles (whoever he is) should go into 101 for coming up with such a ridiculous premise.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1211 Re: ROOM 101
September 14, 2009, 02:20:23 pm
Owwww  PC overloadz innit  ;)

People on building sites.  All of them.

But especially people on building sites who think it's OK to shit in buildings, on unfinished staircases etc..

In fact anywhere I may step in it during the course of my work.  I mean, rarely do I see toilet paper squished into these poo's (as one would) which begs the question ...  Because there's no mistaking the stink of human do-do now is there?   I have no evidence to support their being Chinese, but they are Filthy Cunts at the very least.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1212 Re: ROOM 101
September 22, 2009, 10:55:16 am
People who still think it's funny to do the Wayne's World style "....not" at the end of a sentence. It was only mildly amusing when the film came out in 1992, it sure as fuck isn't any more.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1213 Re: ROOM 101
September 22, 2009, 11:56:34 am
People who still think it's funny to do the Wayne's World style "....not" at the end of a sentence. It was only mildly amusing when the film came out in 1992, it sure as fuck isn't any more.

It worked for Borat

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
#1214 Re: ROOM 101
September 22, 2009, 04:59:08 pm
may I just say that the elephant in the room here is the expression, the elephant in the room.  Please consign to the dustbin of history.....shit, that's another expression I could do without!  Oh no, I've caught clicheitis, I'm as sick as a parrot, etc etc etc etc

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1215 Re: ROOM 101
September 22, 2009, 08:59:40 pm
It worked for Borat

Kind of proves the point.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#1216 Re: ROOM 101
September 22, 2009, 10:33:31 pm
may I just say that the elephant in the room here is the expression, the elephant in the room.  Please consign to the dustbin of history.....shit, that's another expression I could do without!  Oh no, I've caught clicheitis, I'm as sick as a parrot....

....not?! ;D

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1217 Re: ROOM 101
September 24, 2009, 10:45:59 am
Police done anything about your RTA yet, Slack?
I never take any chances with that kind of shit and if I'm in the outside lane on a roundabout I'll either make sure I'm well in front of everyone or will set off behind the first car in the line. The amount of people who don't check mirrors or indicate is shocking.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1218 Re: ROOM 101
September 29, 2009, 06:43:30 pm
Police done anything about your RTA yet, Slack?
I never take any chances with that kind of shit and if I'm in the outside lane on a roundabout I'll either make sure I'm well in front of everyone or will set off behind the first car in the line. The amount of people who don't check mirrors or indicate is shocking.

Sorry Will only just clocked this.

South Yorks Police have issued a "Failure to stop at the scene of an RTA" notice to the registered owner of the vehicle, they sent me a letter dated 10th September, presumably the same day they sent the notice to the registered owner.  They have 28 days to respond, so I guess its wait and see. 

I've since seen the van parked up outside the garage they went to after the collision, and have taken pictures of the registration and the side of the van where there is a nice black mark right about tyre height.  In the possible event that the vehicle is illegal (not registered correctly) then hopefully the police can go to the garage and find out the records of the work thats been done there and trace the driver that way.  Fingers crossed.

Anyway, popped in here to throw Royal Mail into Room 101.

I waited at home till 10:00 this morning, getting into work late, for a parcel to be delivered.  Unsurprisingly they failed to turn up so I went to work empty handed.

Card through the door (conveniently with no time indicating when they actually attempted to make delivery).  Indicates I can collect from Pond Street in 72hrs!!!  FFS, three more fucking days after having waited three days for dispatch and delivery.

So instead I decided to check out the options for arranging redelivery and according to the useful web-site they can redeliver on Thursday 1st October (i.e. ~48 hours later).

Why the fuck can't you get it back to the fucking office quicker then you lazy penny pinching bastards???

Presumably the postie will be popping in tomorrow morning to collect tomorrows post to be delivered and will be returning it then.  Although I'd imagine they are duty bound to return post to the depot the same day as its doesn't sound right for them to take the post home with them overnight does it  :-\? So why does it then take so bloody long to get it to the fucking collection desk?

Grrrr, never going to use any seller that sends shit by Royal Mail again, ever, period.  :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

(T'is a heat-sink for a new computer I'm about to start building, hence being pissed off!).

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1219 Re: ROOM 101
September 29, 2009, 10:43:57 pm
email adam.crozier@royalmail.com  he will actually reply in person before passing you onto a droid who will basically tell yoou to fuck off and claim x4 first class stamps as compo.

You can actually have a bit of fun

Here's what I wrote

Sir, I doubt you or your PA take the time to read what must be a deluge of similar complaints from disatisfied customers, however since the complaints service isn't worth the effort I'll simply vent my spleen without spending an undue amount of time on what is in all reality going to be a waste of effort

At 16:57 on 16 July 2009 I posted an letter to via first class recorded delivery assuming that this would be, as it used to be, trackable.

Of course the letter and contents have not arrived nor has a note explaining why the letter could nor am I advised why the letter could not be delivered. Further the system advises me that the item cannot be traced, only that it was accepted at the post office, which is less than useful considering that this information is printed on the receipt.....

So what the bloody hell is the point of the additional 75p?

The long and the short of it is that I will now have to send a cheque for countersignature, costing £1.14 and then send this cheque to the payee costing £1.14 . . . . blah blah blah you're not listening are you?

I bet that black and white cat has eaten the letter, or the postman had a bone in his leg that day or do have you got a better excuse for not being able to track a letter sent via a method whose sole purpose is to allow the letter to be tracked and evidence the time and date of receipt and the name of the recipient?

A sensible donation to charity will follow a reasoned receipt of this email.

Yours

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1220 Re: ROOM 101
September 30, 2009, 06:24:40 am
Was his reply as humorous as your letter?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1221 Re: ROOM 101
September 30, 2009, 08:00:07 am
Hmmm, just got a phone call from PC Steve Whittingslow (?sp) who has contacted the driver of the van who has stated that they..

• Stopped (true)
  • Assisted me (bullshit, they didn't touch me or the bike, and as far as I remember didn't even ask if I was ok)
  • Claims I stated I was "allright" and they therefore drove off, if at all I will have said I was "allright" because I could get up and walk around and hadn't been crushed under the wheels of his van, despite the large graze I sustained.

I explained to PC Whittingslowe that they should have exchanged details, but he's trying to tell me that because no one was injured and the driver is stating that I had said I was "allright" there was no need to exchange details and he was fine to drive off, despite the fact that my bike clearly had a fucked wheel!!!

He's going to try contacting First Mainline to try and identify the driver of the 25A bus that witnessed and stopped (with door open, but didn't have the wit about me to go and ask him for contact details) as an independent witness, but that is irrelevant to the fact that this arsehole didn't wait around to exchange contact/insurance details!!!

dave

#1222 Re: ROOM 101
September 30, 2009, 09:06:59 am
At 16:57 on 16 July 2009 I posted an letter to via first class recorded delivery assuming that this would be, as it used to be, trackable.

That guy is thinking "what the hell is this pompous twat on about, recorded delivery is just that, recorded upon delivery, as it states clearly on their website and any member of staff in a post office will tell you. why does he expect that I can force him to actually read about the services he's using before using them?".

cofe

• forum hero
#1223 Re: ROOM 101
September 30, 2009, 09:42:32 am
- people who can't be bothered to indicate when driving.

- women in sheffield driving 4x4s blocking junctions while talking on the phone. if you spot one smoking AS WELL then claim a bonus point.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1224 Re: ROOM 101
September 30, 2009, 09:47:21 am
- people who can't be bothered to indicate when driving.
Had that this morning, some dozy cow. Maybe they think it's a fun guessing game for anyone following them. Also wats who think that because they can see fine even if it is getting dark, they don't need headlights on, so people can see them.

And from yesterday, useless bastards who were supposed to our cavity wall insulation. "Be in beween 8 and 4" - phone at 11 as there is no sign of them, get a call back at 2 saying they won't make it today, and need to reschedule, earliest next appt is 20 October.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal