UKBouldering.com

ROOM 101 (Read 474406 times)

Gerko

#1050 Re: ROOM 101
May 07, 2009, 11:16:52 pm
Whats the point in having a section called 101 if people abuse your comments with such abuse, not very friendly or mature is it.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1051 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 03:33:37 am

After you've been here a while, you'll realise that Houdini is a mentalist - don't take it personally Gerko, it's all in jest :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1052 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 08:21:43 am
walk dam (sic) you lazy   :yawn:

People like you, Jerkoff, people like you who CAN'T BE BOTHERED.  People like you can FOAD.
Charmin language,

To be fair, you were complaining about being lazy whilst displaying the same trait yourself, which is rather hypocritical, and is the sentiment that hOUD was conveying in an abrupt manner.

(I believe escalators, or more accurately the people who stand on them gormlessly waiting to be posited at the end, have already been in Room 101, probably a couple of times).

tomtom

• forum hero
#1053 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 09:48:06 am
Dragging this thread back to 101...

Marking student papers

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I hate it. Why can we not use multiple guess choice? There is one here that even uses text speak. I wish they were so crap they were funny - but they are not. Right, off to mark another 10 before I give myself a 'treat' of using the www for 5 min...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1054 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 09:52:05 am
Dragging this thread back to 101...

Marking student papers

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I hate it. Why can we not use multiple guess choice? There is one here that even uses text speak. I wish they were so crap they were funny - but they are not. Right, off to mark another 10 before I give myself a 'treat' of using the www for 5 min...

Should be an instant fail for using "txt" speak  :spank:

Multiple choice is fine if you want to assess people's ability to recall facts, but if you wish to assess their ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, cogitate upon it and provide a reasoned and balanced overview/opinion on a subject then it has to be prose unfortunately.

(Did you want an egg to suck with that  :) )

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1055 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:06:34 am
Should be an instant fail for using "txt" speak  :spank:

Too fucking right.

Can txt speak itself be thrown into Room 101 plz? lol

There is no fucking need unless you are a retarded twat who can't spell. It's bad enough when used in actual texts (what do you think predictive text is for you thick cunts?!) but now it has permeated into....er......everything.

Excuses that I'm too old etc are bollocks. There are plenty of young people who do not use retard speak and plenty my age or older (my boss for example) who do!

STOP IT NOW!!!!

dave

#1056 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:13:43 am
it is daft, expecially now with predictive text i can type the word "text" with the same number of button presses as it takes to type "txt". Some examples are even worse - "l8r" takes 7 button presses, which is 2 more than just doing "later" with predictive.

On the other hand, "lol" is a lot more concise than "i'm a cunt".

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1057 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:15:27 am
I think that with predictive text, it's quicker to write properly rather than putting "l8r" or similar drivel.

Admittedly with predictive texting I sometimes get "anal" instead of "cock", but it's just something you need to be aware of.......

EDIT: Dave beat me to it.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1058 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:25:55 am
Yes, predictive text should 100% be in Room 101.

Yesterday I spent about 10 min looking for a 'yoof speak' transl8r site that would turn normal English into text/yoof speak. Kind of akin to the postmodern generator or the MrT translator of old (Sucka!). Anyone found one? The reason why was I was tempted (in a pique of frustration) to respond in kind to an email that began 'Yo Prof....' Such missives usually invoke straight to delete... also, what would be good would be an outlook filter that sent any messages full of such pigshit txt speak straight to the spam folder etc... dream... dream... dream... BACK to my marking  :spank:

innit.

dave

#1059 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:30:14 am
Admittedly with predictive texting I sometimes get "anal" instead of "cock", but it's just something you need to be aware of.......

"coal", "cock", and "anal" are all on the same button sequence. handy if you're a gay miner.

Back in the good old days of the internet there used to be a site that translated english into jive. that was dynamite.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1060 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:31:52 am

Yesterday I spent about 10 min looking for a 'yoof speak' transl8r site

This may help.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1061 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:48:51 am

"coal", "cock", and "anal" are all on the same button sequence. handy if you're a gay miner.

As you say the options for different words on predictive are easily accessed by pressing one button. Something you would have thought even the most basic chav dullard could master. We used to call it the cunt button as when typing "cunt" you always got "aunt" first and then had to press the cunt button to change it. Of course, with the advances made in predictive text, my phone now knows that the word "cunt" is used far more often than "aunt" so "cunt" comes up automatically. Thank you Nokia.

nik at work

• forum hero
#1062 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:54:23 am
I'm not sure Aunt Bessie is quite so happy...

Anyway can I nominate the wierd rotting ham smell in my van? Dunno where it's coming from but it is awful.

(NOTE: I have already checked, there is no rotting ham in the van)

Teaboy

• forum hero
#1063 Re: ROOM 101
May 08, 2009, 10:55:39 am
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought this!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1064 Re: ROOM 101
May 19, 2009, 04:24:32 pm
I was just going to nominate Michael Martin for the way he says "order" but looks like this will no longer be necessary, or not for much longer anyroad :)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#1065 Re: ROOM 101
May 19, 2009, 04:32:34 pm
how about teaching your phones dictionary all the swear words again after new phone/ firmware upgrade/ new rom.
bag o'shite

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1066 Re: ROOM 101
May 19, 2009, 04:35:55 pm
yoof sp transl8r http://www.teenchatdecoder.com/

well ill

tomtom

• forum hero
#1067 Re: ROOM 101
May 19, 2009, 08:22:37 pm

As you say the options for different words on predictive are easily accessed by pressing one button. Something you would have thought even the most basic chav dullard could master. We used to call it the cunt button as when typing "cunt" you always got "aunt" first and then had to press the cunt button to change it. Of course, with the advances made in predictive text, my phone now knows that the word "cunt" is used far more often than "aunt" so "cunt" comes up automatically. Thank you Nokia.

THe predictive thing on my iphone wanted to replace facist with racist! I kind of liked that :-)

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#1068 Re: ROOM 101
May 19, 2009, 10:51:52 pm
Has anybody shoved Microsoft in here yet? If not, why not!!
One of their automatic updates failed on my machine at home last night and promptly crashed the OS completely!!??!!  :wall:
We're off to buy a Mac next weekend.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1069 Re: ROOM 101
May 21, 2009, 02:55:13 pm
Tossy lorry driver who panic when they find themselves in a bus lane at 7:15 and pull out in front of me, even though the bus lane only comes into effect at 7:30. At lease I got chance to test my brakes and reaction time. Learn to read and tell the fucking time.

dave

#1070 Re: ROOM 101
June 09, 2009, 01:05:59 pm
trend-hopping fashion drones: this latest fad appears to be jeans which are baggy but come abruptly to a tight cuff at the ankle. looks like bruce lee auditioning for a Blue tribute band. generally twinned with the contempary cunt callingcards of some awfull white pumps, a twattish cardigan and a beanie which looks like its lagging about 5 seconds behind the wearers head. Sort of an urban genie look. Well they can grant me 3 wishes:
1. Fuck off
2. Die
3. Remain dead

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1071 Re: ROOM 101
June 09, 2009, 01:09:53 pm
WORD. Saw a load of these cunts at the Oasis gig on Saturday except they were all wearing "designer" wellies which came in a variety of two different patterns. The fact that it didn't rain and there was virtually no mud made this more amusing.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1072 Re: ROOM 101
June 09, 2009, 01:22:35 pm
walk dam (sic) you lazy   :yawn:

People like you, Jerkoff, people like you who CAN'T BE BOTHERED.  People like you can FOAD.
Charmin language,

To be fair, you were complaining about being lazy whilst displaying the same trait yourself, which is rather hypocritical, and is the sentiment that hOUD was conveying in an abrupt manner.

Well done Slackers.  Sorry I've been inattentive w/ this tread for a while.  Though as I was reading Gerko's whining I noticed something, thinking to myself:   *Ah some cunt's puntered him too*.  So I checked, and realised it was me!   8)  Great stuff.

So my gripe is:  people who can't be bothered to help their fellow forumer by using the very quick spell check when clearly they can't spell.  Sorry if you don't agree.  It's the laziness that bothers me, not your poor spelling skills.  Fuck, bring back Haston, his posts were incredible challenges ...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1073 Re: ROOM 101
June 09, 2009, 01:28:59 pm
Alas, our American brethren played their Get Out of Jail-card some time ago on that one.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1074 Re: ROOM 101
June 09, 2009, 01:32:00 pm
If it was the true Room 101 where i got a cage on my head full of the thing I hated most it would have to be midges (although a cage may not be the most sensible thing to keep midges in). After feeling their full force on the weekend I have forgot what obnoxious little critters they are. No good to anything or anyone on this planet.

(and don't say that they are a vital part of the food chain, as anything that eats midges eats other insects as well, and could probably live happily without them. Or die. Fuck em if they're gonne be fussy).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal