the shizzle > shootin' the shit

ROOM 101

<< < (385/385)

Fiend:

--- Quote from: andy moles on April 16, 2024, 07:22:08 am ---Bouldering 'beta' videos where the climber is far too strong for the problem and flails around climbing it like absolute shit with crap beta but gets up it anyway on account of being far too strong. Not helpful!

--- End quote ---
Funnily enough I was thinking this exact thing just a few days ago. I'm generally grumpy about underperforming comfort-zone dwelling wankers pissing up your projects as a warm-up anyway, but then simultaneously making a pig's arse of it whilst cruising it in a so-called "beta" video is even more bollox.

This was what got me thinking:

3:01 - a classic soft 7A completely butchered by an 8A boulderer with hilariously bad beta skipping half the holds and burling through because the guy has 6 grades in hand.

0:50 - the same classic soft 7A (hopefully optimised) by a 7A boulderer who had to get everything right because he's climbing at his limit.

:-\

Fultonius:
People who link to specific boulders in YouTube without using the "start at specific time" option, causing me to spend countless minutes trying to figure out where in the fucking video it is.

In you go Fiend  :-*  the door's open....

Fiend:
Interesting. That seems to be a fault with the embedding on this forum, or at least on my post, because I did indeed use the "start at a specific time" option as can be seen if my post is quoted:

--- Code: ---[quote author=Fiend link=topic=8473.msg692320#msg692320 date=1713293987]
[quote author=andy moles link=topic=8473.msg692286#msg692286 date=1713248528]
Bouldering 'beta' videos where the climber is far too strong for the problem and flails around climbing it like absolute shit with crap beta but gets up it anyway on account of being far too strong. Not helpful!
[/quote]
Funnily enough I was thinking this exact thing just a few days ago. I'm generally grumpy about underperforming comfort-zone dwelling wankers pissing up your projects as a warm-up anyway, but then simultaneously making a pig's arse of it whilst cruising it in a so-called "beta" video is even more bollox.

This was what got me thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmvi7So8cZc&t=181s
3:01 - a classic soft 7A completely butchered by an 8A boulderer with hilariously bad beta skipping half the holds and burling through because the guy has 6 grades in hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyBeK5gYxmo&t=50s
0:50 - the same classic soft 7A (hopefully optimised) by a 7A boulderer who had to get everything right because he's climbing at his limit.

:-\
[/quote]
--- End code ---

Fultonius:
Ha! How did I miss that :lol:

But yeah checked again and it starts at the start. You may leave 101.

Fiend:
Don't worry, I'll hopefully be in again for...

--- Quote from: andy moles on April 16, 2024, 07:22:08 am ---Also, hideously jarring choices of backing music. The sound of wind and small grunts is fine mate.

--- End quote ---
...soon.

(I wonder if the youtu.be style links keep the timestamp??)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version