UKBouldering.com

ROOM 101 (Read 469858 times)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#1775 Re: ROOM 101
November 10, 2015, 09:58:44 am
Back to business. Am I alone in thinking that Seb Coe -a man I quite admired for his achievements and his apparent integrity- is now a part of the problem rather than its solution?

The man was a Tory MP and avid Thatcherite, how could he possibly have any integrity.

petejh

• forum hero
#1776 Re: ROOM 101
November 10, 2015, 10:25:19 am
Back to business. Am I alone in thinking that Seb Coe -a man I quite admired for his achievements and his apparent integrity- is now a part of the problem rather than its solution?

The man was a Tory MP and avid Thatcherite, how could he possibly have any integrity.

I wonder how much of that apparent integrity stems from our perception of him as one of the best 1500m runners we've ever produced, and people's memories of his Olympic golds in the 80s. The London olympics seemed to go well which also helped. He's one of our national sporting heroes but that doesn't confer the rocksteady integrity of a saint, especially inside a corrupt organisation.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1777 Re: ROOM 101
November 10, 2015, 11:53:38 am
I'm getting a big smack of deja vu here. Has Lord Goldiebollocks Coe been 'done' in this forum before?

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
#1778 Re: ROOM 101
November 12, 2015, 09:05:27 pm
I can't buy more than 2 packets of ibuprofen but I can buy 2 litres of bleach for 28 pence  :furious:  :furious:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1779 Re: ROOM 101
November 12, 2015, 09:45:28 pm
I can't buy more than 2 packets of ibuprofen but I can buy 2 litres of bleach for 28 pence  :furious:  :furious:

It's easy, learn from the master

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1780 Re: ROOM 101
November 12, 2015, 09:48:22 pm
Is someone trying to tell me that an athlete above reproach has been accused of cheating?

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#1781 Re: ROOM 101
November 12, 2015, 11:23:31 pm
 :chair:
There you go. Just use a different voice next time

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#1782 Re: ROOM 101
November 13, 2015, 11:42:40 am

On the other hand, of you pop along to Bookers or Macro, you can pick up a crate of 24 packets of  16 x 200mg tablets; for slightly more than the price of a pack of Neurofen at Boots.

Anyone, no special license or dispensation required.

Because this country's laws of health and safety always make so much sense...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#1783 Re: ROOM 101
November 15, 2015, 08:27:34 pm
People who address any group consisting of more than two people, as "guys"
 :wank: :slap: :icon_321: :badidea: :thumbsdown: :wall:

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#1784 Re: ROOM 101
November 15, 2015, 09:19:19 pm
I'd like to apologies to the informal group of people whom I've referred to as guys...
I think it's context dependant. I agree that it can be used in a condescending/inappropriate way though.

rich d

• forum hero
#1785 Re: ROOM 101
November 15, 2015, 10:17:15 pm
I'd like to apologies to the informal group of people whom I've referred to as guys...
I think it's context dependant. I agree that it can be used in a condescending/inappropriate way though.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1786 Re: ROOM 101
November 26, 2015, 03:18:08 pm
Donald Trump.

I had thought he was just a moderately harmless fuckwit that you could chortle at. But no - he seems to have a dangerously large audience - and as shown below really is a reprehensible wanker.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/26/new-york-times-outrageous-donald-trump-mocking-reporter-disability

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#1787 Re: ROOM 101
November 26, 2015, 04:30:23 pm
Isolationist, contempt for disabled people, wants a register of an entire ethnic group...hmm where have I heard these sorts of ideas before?

tomtom

• forum hero
#1788 Re: ROOM 101
November 26, 2015, 04:41:26 pm
Hitler in two posts! A record!!

dave

#1789 Re: ROOM 101
November 26, 2015, 04:59:53 pm
Trump really is an absolute piece of garbage.

What amazes me is that America has such a fucked up system that some rich buffoonish comb-over clown like Trump is potentially in the running to be head of state. On the basis that he's got stacks of cash and nothing else to bring to the table, unless you consider wanting to fuck your own daughter to be a virtue. He's got no background in politics whatsoever, yet stands a chance of gaining arguably the most powerful political role on the planet. It's just fucked up.

Say what you want about reptiles like Cameron but at least we have a system whereby the vaguest veneer of credibility is maintained, i.e. he's had to actually do enough groundwork arselicking within a party to get parachuted into a safe seat and get elected and serve as an MP first, do some time in the system, put his cock in the mouth of the occasional dead pig etc.

petejh

• forum hero
#1790 Re: ROOM 101
November 26, 2015, 07:45:53 pm
None of the following means I wouldn't prefer a world where Trump was secured in a pressurised titanium box with no means of contacting the outside world, and then sunk to the bottom of the Mariana Trench where he could be kept alive by a self-contained breathing apparatus with just enough air to supply him for his remaining years, plus enough vacum-packed rations (halal?) to keep him fed. But...:
What amazes me is that America has such a fucked up system that some rich buffoonish comb-over clown like Trump is potentially in the running to be head of state.

None of 'rich' buffoonish' or 'combed over' are deterrents to political leadership in any other western country. It is surprising how clownish he is yet people still take him seriously - Farage might be our very English version, he's more 'clown lite' in a biplane. Still got a lot of British votes.

unless you consider wanting to fuck your own daughter to be a virtue
Perhaps that's his attempt to win over the southern vote. Though to be accurate I think he said he'd like to bosh her 'if only she wasn't his daughter'.

The 'fucked up system' is part of the American dream where anyone can make it in life. Here the fluke of privilege and the barriers put up by the privileged count far more than they do over there. When lack of a UK-style prohibitive class system results in idiots like Trump in power I'm not sure which is worse.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:52:20 pm by petejh »

dave

#1791 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 12:29:05 pm
Yeah but it's funny how the American dream doesn't extend to, say, one day just becoming head of the army with no military experience, or becoming a consultant surgeon with no medical training.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#1792 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 02:49:51 pm

Yeah but it's funny how the American dream doesn't extend to, say, one day just becoming head of the army with no military experience, or becoming a consultant surgeon with no medical training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave

#1793 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 03:18:25 pm
Gonna call your bluff there as technically the queen did serve in the ATS during WWII.

But of course that would be to ignore the glaringly obvious issue of her being a purely symbolic head of the armed forces. If Trump was destined to be a similarly symbolic racist moneyed-clown head of state who they just wheel out for the entertainment of visiting dignitaries (basically a septic Prince Philip) then I'd be less bothered.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#1795 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 03:52:22 pm

Gonna call your bluff there as technically the queen did serve in the ATS during WWII.

But of course that would be to ignore the glaringly obvious issue of her being a purely symbolic head of the armed forces. If Trump was destined to be a similarly symbolic racist moneyed-clown head of state who they just wheel out for the entertainment of visiting dignitaries (basically a septic Prince Philip) then I'd be less bothered.

Well, I was just extracting the Michael.

Though I could have done this and been on the money...

Though it would also be true of nearly all PMs and Obama.

Frankly, it's a good thing, in the main; professional soldiers being a tad quick to deploy the big stick...

tomtom

• forum hero
#1796 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 03:52:56 pm
My favourite (you know what I mean) Trump tale is about his business acumen. How if he had simply decided to invest all his money in a tracker that followed the S&P index, he'd now be $10 billion richer...

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/why-youre-probably-better-investing-than-donald-trump/

BTW, Dave, I recon Queenie would be a dab hand as a surgeon... all those years of picking out those kipper bones at breakfast with a fish knife...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#1797 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 03:54:17 pm

It is surprising how clownish he is yet people still take him seriously - Farage might be our very English version, he's more 'clown lite' in a biplane. Still got a lot of British votes.

Think you've made a good point but picked the wrong example to make it - surely Boris is the de facto, nailed on, gold plated example for this one.

In fact, there's probably a terrifying world where in a few years there's a Trump / Johnson double act running both sides of the fabled "special relationship".

:o

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#1798 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 04:33:13 pm
With Marie Le Pen across the channel and Putin in Moscow.

Oh happy days!

tomtom

• forum hero
#1799 Re: ROOM 101
November 27, 2015, 04:35:15 pm
With Marie Le Pen across the channel and Putin in Moscow.

Oh happy days!

Shirley Putin is very well qualified?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal