the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

One for the runners

<< < (144/144)

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: Stabbsy on May 02, 2024, 10:15:30 pm ---I understand the argument, but to me it’s a false equivalence. I think it’s because there’s a massive element of mechanical advantage from carbon shoes - the carbon is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting.

--- End quote ---

I don't think it makes that much difference. Reckon the hardest routes and problems in the world would still go in a pair of EBs? If you think yes, I guess you never wore them much!

Ballsofcottonwool:

--- Quote from: webbo on May 02, 2024, 10:09:23 pm ---Cycling did this with the world hour record. They disallowed all the records done with aero bars and the likes and would only allow equipment similar to what Eddie Merckx used in 1972.

--- End quote ---

In running the equivalent would be barefoot. The marathon WR has stood since the 1960 Olympics at 2:15:16, I'm sure there is someone out there who could beat the record tomorrow, but its not going to sell any shoes...

steveri:
I take an entirely flippant view based on if it works for me. Graeme Obree penalised by the UCI for backroom mods, new positions, setting the hour record on a sawn off child's bicycle seat. Legend. Routes being tamed by a sneaky kneebar. Kudos to you for cunning. Sticky rubber, I'm in. High heelhooks, envious of anyone under 30 for whom this comes naturally.

Billion pound megacorp finding 4% from carbon implants. You could see it coming when para athletes started going super fast based on the best R&D backup. Not happy now that every club event is dominated by £240 foootwear, 'Cheat Shoes' in my club Whatsapp. I almost needed therapy the first time I paid a hundred pounds for shoes. And then again when the same shoes finally made it into Sportsshoes 'last year's model listing'.

The genie's out of the box now and there's too much vested interest in keeping them there.

chriss:
Can someone please tell me why they are cheating shoes & who's being cheated?

Are 4mm lugs cheating because you get more grip??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version