the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

One for the runners

<< < (139/144) > >>

lukeyboy:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on April 30, 2024, 02:03:19 pm ---Anyhoo, managed to PB my 15 miler on Sunday with 2:03:10. 5 min pb from 2018 time, but fell short of 2 hour stretch goal. All hopes faded with brutal headwind for the last 3 miles, and rain in face for the final descent.

--- End quote ---

Nice one Chris, in what sound like non-ideal conditions :strongbench:

Durbs:
Just a heads up lots of Brooks shoes on offer on Sports Pursuit if in need of fresh footwear:

https://www.sportpursuit.com/products?bid=1269&sp_nav=ct-4.pb-1269.

SA Chris:

--- Quote from: lukeyboy on April 30, 2024, 03:40:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: SA Chris on April 30, 2024, 02:03:19 pm ---Anyhoo, managed to PB my 15 miler on Sunday with 2:03:10. 5 min pb from 2018 time, but fell short of 2 hour stretch goal. All hopes faded with brutal headwind for the last 3 miles, and rain in face for the final descent.

--- End quote ---

Nice one Chris, in what sound like non-ideal conditions :strongbench:

--- End quote ---

Cheers. not benefitting the wind for the first half (river level and in trees) and getting nailed at the end is brutal. First time out in Saucony Endorphin Edge (carbon plated trail shoe). No idea if it made a difference, but they are great shoes for mixed trails, but i think tread is not really deep enough for really wet muddy conditions. Will see later in the year if things come to fruition....

chriss:

--- Quote from: SA Chris on May 01, 2024, 10:47:20 am ---
--- Quote from: lukeyboy on April 30, 2024, 03:40:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: SA Chris on April 30, 2024, 02:03:19 pm ---Anyhoo, managed to PB my 15 miler on Sunday with 2:03:10. 5 min pb from 2018 time, but fell short of 2 hour stretch goal. All hopes faded with brutal headwind for the last 3 miles, and rain in face for the fina

Cheers. not benefitting the wind for the first half (river level and in trees) and getting nailed at the end is brutal. First time out in Saucony Endorphin Edge (carbon plated trail shoe). No idea if it made a difference, but they are great shoes for mixed trails, but i think tread is not really deep enough for really wet muddy conditions. Will see later in the
year if things come to fruition....

--- End quote ---

Good effort on the race. I'd be interested to see what you think of carbon trails over the long term. Personally I really rate carbon road shoes, but wondered how they would realistically work in trails.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

SA Chris:
I rate carbon road shoes too. From what i have read, due to the nature of shoe and terrain you are limited to lower stack size so benefits are not going to be as big as road shoes, but if you can get some at a reasonable price it's worthwhile. They were £100 on sportshoes, so a worthwhile punt as I needed new trail shoes anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version