the shizzle > diet, training and injuries

One for the runners

<< < (2/144) > >>

GCW:
I only really run to lose weight- it ain't working.

Until it got dark early I was doing 5km alternate days.  Always off road though, and I'm crap anyway.  Was just about managing 5km in 28 minutes.  I alway srun in Walshes or similar, and I don't do road running as my knees don't like it.
Strangely the only problem I get is elbow pains.  I must hold them funny.

Houdini:
Must feel great running on a pukka track - all that bounce. 

And what stretching are people doing?

BenF:
A range of stretching before and after, mostly focused on the larger leg muscle groups but I spend time working my ankles before running and this seems to help me get straight into my stride and reduces the stiffness I used to get.  However I always also stretch my torso and arms.

I find a short gentle jog followed by my stretching routine works best and when I'm entering an event I'll usually go out for a fifteen minute gentle run about an hour (or closer) before the start time.  This really helps me get quickly into my pace at the start of the event as I often only really hit my comfortable floating pace after 20 minutes.

Bubba:
This is what my recent attempts at running have done for my knees  :boohoo:

BenF:
Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplements made a massive difference to my soreness, particularly my elbows which had been taking a hammering due to constant manteling at Castle Hill and had been giving me huge amounts of grief before I started taking supplements.  Ten days after starting on the supplements, all pain had disappeared from my elbows and hasn't returned since.  I'm always willing to sing the praises of the stuff.  It (or a placebo effect of course) well worked for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version