UKBouldering.com

How to become a braver boulderer (aka get Wellsy up Crescent Arete) (Read 4011 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Thanks for all the posts, DMs, and texts. I didn't want to say anything till I had all the results back. I've a burst fracture of my L1 vertebrae but nothing else seems damaged. Some bits of bone went outwards, some bits went inwards towards the nerves. Very fortunately there isn't any neurological damage. The fracture is stable under gravity so I can stand up and move around and have now been discharged from hospital.

So it looks like limestone season is a bust this year, but considering I've shared wards with people who have not sat up or been out of bed in two years, and have no use of their body beyond their hands, I'm pretty sanguine about it all.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Glad about the good news.
Good luck for a speedy recovery!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
So it looks like limestone season is a bust this year, but considering I've shared wards with people who have not sat up or been out of bed in two years, and have no use of their body beyond their hands, I'm pretty sanguine about it all.

Good result, I think. Not being macabre, but remind me what you did last time you hurt yourself?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
That one was a broken leg.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
Glad to hear you're ok will.

Can anyone recall a video about a female projecting crescent arete? She takes a few trips to do it, there's narration or talking to camera. She possibly also does something at caley, but that might be another video. My partner remembers me showing them it about a year ago. Thanks in advance.

My advice to wellsy is go with a big crew with lots of pads and no pressure. Build up to it with a few other problems to build confidence. And set off with the aim of just getting as high as you feel like.

Also, if you don't fancy it then that's alright.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal