UKBouldering.com

weird condens8 (Read 2273 times)

dave

weird condens8
August 07, 2003, 09:28:24 am
so were off to cragX last nite, properly psyched fo' som illing after our session there sunday in good conditions, we gets there and the whole dang crags is piss-soacked through, with what i can only assume was some kind of condensation shit. Not a dry hold in the house. I'd hear about this kind of think but never thought it hapens to this extent. Whats the crack? :?:

incase you were wondering all was not lost, we had to go to the tor instead, whihc was nicely deserted, apart from a couple of punters doing rauts.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 weird condens8
August 07, 2003, 09:38:33 am
I can report a similar experience at that place who's name we don't mention a couple of weeks ago - is it anything to do with the foiliage?

It was rubbish then too, and I couldn't even thrutch up Jericho Road.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 weird condens8
August 07, 2003, 09:43:28 am
did it to me in June...warmed up at rubishcon, went up and not a single inch of it was dry, every damn  bit was wet.
Very odd, its condensation but cant figure how it does it seeing other crags dont do it

dave

#3 weird condens8
August 07, 2003, 09:43:39 am
dunno if its owt to do with foliage. The weather conditions were exactly the same (if a little warmer) as on sunday, and then it was bone dry, yesterday it was all soaked through. You coulnd't have even pulled on anything. Funny.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 weird condens8
August 07, 2003, 09:53:38 am
The only place I've seen that was when I was bouldering near  outside Palma, Mallorca. In the morning, all the holds were soaked to the extent of the pockets being full of water (no, it wasn't the waves!). The only time you could climb was when the sun had burnt it all off, and then it just got too hot....

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#5 weird condens8
August 15, 2003, 06:54:37 pm
Used to get it at another place whos name we may not mention (i think) in the South West. Actual beads of water all over the bottom foot of the rock, like it was leaking out ( not impossible I guess)

Doylo

• forum hero
#6 weird condens8
August 15, 2003, 10:22:44 pm
Just experienced the same thing on Pil Box wall on pen trwyn. Wasn't too bad but it hasn't rained so god knows why some of the holds were soapy. Managed to lay the ghost of Chocolate Dip to rest though.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#7 weird condens8
August 18, 2003, 05:36:38 pm
Good effort Chris with Chocolate Wall  - a real modern classic.

Pill Box is okay if there is a decent breeze.

Can you give me a hand sequence description of your Whisky Bitch reverse link; just curious that's all.

Doylo

• forum hero
#8 weird condens8
August 18, 2003, 10:54:49 pm
Cheers Simon, i was no where near doing the move then next go i did it. I'll try and remember the sequence for that link. Same start as PBO up to the big flat crimp with right then up to the last crimp on WB with left, match then slap left again to nearest crimp (the top one), hard crossover with right (crux) then left hand down to the next highest crimp, left foot up and left hand up to the mono on the Greek,then right hand jug. Think thats fairly accurate, probably a bit confusing though! Millenium Drive will probably be a bit harder soon when the rest of that hold breaks off!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal