UKBouldering.com

doorism (Read 1805 times)

dave

doorism
January 05, 2009, 11:22:35 am
check it out word, we've got an interior door kicking around the house now that the doorway it use to occupy no longer exists. its a really nice wood panelled victorian/edwardian/style thing (no idea if its the original edwardian door from when the crib was new) with etched glass in the upper panels so clearly I'm not about to throw it into a skip. the problem is it won't fit into any of our remaining doorholes, or at least not on any rooms you'd want it on (i.e. not bedrooms or bathroom what with glass panels etc).

So I either get shot of it, keep it (let it rot in the cellar?), or get a joiner to refit the glass into another door (the glass matches other etched glass in the crib). so does anyone know the type of place sheffside that buy old doors (reclamation places etc?) preferably not for a derisory figure. or is there much of a market for selling this type of shit privatley/ebay? do joiners charge a lot for refitting glass etc? I've never played to doors market so don't got a clue. I'm guessing Obi will have some knowledge here....

on the other hand, if anyone wants to buy a door, i'm your man.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: doorism
January 05, 2009, 03:18:54 pm
ebay have a whole (sub) category :bounce:

Home > Buy > Home & Garden > DIY Materials > Doors & Door Accessories > Doors > Interior Doors

:dance1: doors are the new BMWs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal