UKBouldering.com

[video] All house DJs....watch...watch....watch this! (Read 3757 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
If you like (especially Detroit) house and if you have ever djed then you'll like this. One of my favourite DJs ever, the one and only ( ;) ) T.P. Mr Terrence Parker.

Ex hip-hop DJ who scratch mixes house beautifully. This video shows 54mins of the man live at Fuse-In-Detroit; a rare treat :)

<edit> Original link gone, so added this highlights youtube clip:

</edit>

(full set still out there if you look)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:48:18 am by Bubba »

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
...and in a simalar vein...Norman Talley at DEMF 2004

Lovely atmosphere and quality music in this Detroit tent - wish i'd been there...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
If you like (especially Detroit) house and if you have ever djed then you'll like this. One of my favourite DJs ever, the one and only ( ;) ) T.P. Mr Terrence Parker.

Ex hip-hop DJ who scratch mixes house beautifully. This video shows 54mins of the man live at Fuse-In-Detroit; a rare treat :)

Stage 6 video link

Fantastic - made we want to go out... nice find bubbs

underground

• forum hero
Bubbs, that is stunning! DJ extraordinaire Mr. Terrence Parker... brings back many wonderful memories  ;D

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Nice one bubbs, that makes house music look really good. A world away from the townie nightclub cheese.

And thanks for linking the stage6 site, I can see myself spending a while there. Watched the Ellen Alien & Apparat PA video which was pretty cool.

And so far this is pretty amazing :)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I downloaded the Mills one too :) There's a whole wealth of DJ sets on Stage6 now - i quite like the Umek one, the Fatboy Slimfast one is a cheesefest. Joris Voorn one is a good set, but my faves are TP and the Norm Talley one so far.

BD

• player
No new video, just a bit of frustration. Todd "my God" Terry himself is playing here tonight, only 8km away from where i live (the club is right next to our local climbinggym btw, how convenient). Being a house dj myself i'd love to go offcourse but i can't because i've got exams   :'(:wall: :'(. Probably my only chance ever to see him live.
FFFFFFFF*******************CCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! what a cruel world...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

That's harsh :(

Saw TT in Sheffield many years ago and he rocked it - i'm sure you'll catch him again someday, don't despair...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Dragging this up from the past.

Just got some tickets to see Terrence Parker in London in April. There's about 5 tickets left here: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/71735

SamT

• forum hero
Just watched the vid clip... the guy does indeed rock...however, there is some shocking apathy from the crowd, check out the girl at the front, just stood with her hands in her pockets.. not even a foot tapping  :wall:. There is no way I'd be able to contain my dancing feet if I were listening to that.   :thumbsup:

[Edit]... apart from the body locking dude at the end.  :oops:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:09:03 am by SamT »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal