UKBouldering.com

Did anyone manage to climb in the Eastern Peak today ? (Read 50444 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Nice photos but Shit! Was planning on taking a couple people to Cratcliffe tomorrow...will it be under snow ?  :shrug:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Very cold with some remaining ice and snow here in grindleford, things may be in good nick but I'd go for somewhere south facing without a lot of run off.  Personally I'd avoid cratcliffe at the moment due to inceased erosion if there is any remaining moisture in the rock

north_country_boy

• junky
Anybody hit the Plantation today? Keen to go tomorrow morning for non-climbing purposes. Is it still covered in Snow? (Espeically around the boulders if anyone knows.......)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Nice photos but Shit! Was planning on taking a couple people to Cratcliffe tomorrow...will it be under snow ?  :shrug:
Ummm....hi? ;)

Anybody hit the Plantation today? Keen to go tomorrow morning for non-climbing purposes. Is it still covered in Snow? (Espeically around the boulders if anyone knows.......)
Very likely indeed, still plenty of snow around, was -4 at the Fox House just recently.

north_country_boy

• junky
cool, cheers for that.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Went to Cratcliffe, was beautiful but very much under snow, luckily I had 4 towels and managed to dry off a warm up block, razor roof and a couple things at RHS. The Cave at RHS was in fine fettle though as well as Ben's Wall block arete & slabs. Not much wind so it was just nice temp wise  8)

grimer

• forum hero
yeah, i was there today too, at cratcliffe. The little robbin that bobs arounf Jerry's Traverese was there again, and I watched it try to peck at a streak of ice to try to get a drink. Must be tough times for thirsty birds.

cofe

• forum hero
yeah, i was there today too, at cratcliffe. The little robbin that bobs arounf Jerry's Traverese was there again, and I watched it try to peck at a streak of ice to try to get a drink. Must be tough times for thirsty birds.

hell yeah! me and scouse were shooting dice with that sucker last week. what a guy.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Stole my cheese and pickle sandwich, the little cunt.

Very cute though.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

This little fella? ...

Snapped whilst sitting under the sloper traverse in front and down from Jerry' Traverse, its sat on the boulder you have to step over to get between the two and is indeed very friendly/cute/hungry.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Fresh snow in Grindleford this morning.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Awwww Robin!  :hug: [/off-topic]

north_country_boy

• junky
Is this common behaviour of Robin's?

I experienced similar last year while I was reciding in my Van at St Leger, the same Robin seemed to follow us between sectors, hang out around the van and was very tame..... built up quite a rapor with the little fella after a couple of weeks....

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Robins are notoriously bold; they are the wide boys of the bird world.  ;D  If they think you might feed them, they'll hang about you for ages; they also seem to be very nosey in general.  We had one spend Christmas day with us in Spain, which was cute, he was the only remotely festive thing about the whole day.

I don't know why but they are definitely friendlier than most other birds, brave too.

grimer

• forum hero
However, if everyone is as kind to Pete Robin asI always am, then I imagine it's GP would want to have a serious word about his cholesterol level. Cakes from Bakewell and fat from a hor roast pork seem to be his preferred diet.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Whats it looking like over there now?
anyone out today?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Whats it looking like over there now?
anyone out today?

Grey skies, and the roads and walls were damp in Fulwood half an hour ago when I arrived at work.  Not much breeze either to dry the crags/boulders out.

north_country_boy

• junky
Still, overcast and cold, but a little damp under foot in west Sheffield.....

Mate has just head out to Curbar so could find out what its like if you are keen for more info.?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse

Stubbs

Sun is out in Leeds, roads are pretty much dry now if you had any thoughts of heading further north...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I was thinking of heading up that way TBH

north_country_boy

• junky
Cold, but very misty out at Curbar, I suspect not amazing conditions will prevail.......

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Looking shit over here in t'West Jim.  Cliff's probably your venue.

Stubbs

Some low drizzly looking cloud has come over now... although I have faith in the power of the cliff  :bow:

dave

stoney will be dry jim, or rubicon. no-one ever got strong going to almscliffe.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal