UKBouldering.com

Did anyone manage to climb in the Eastern Peak today ? (Read 50145 times)

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
After reading the Met office forecast properly, and noticing the phrase 'dry in the east', I got out today after all, for some top class puntering at Birchen. Awesome.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
This thread left off about the time I stopped climbing for the summer. I've started again and I used to like this thread, so I'll start it up again.

I didn't get out till 5.30 so rushed up to Mother Cap for the last bit of light. Did Conan a few times and thoroughly enjoyed myself - decent friction and not too windy. Nice bit of sunset and a lovely moon rising over Burb South.

Jasper got out and managed the 7b traverse into Strawberries at Curbar. Apparently The Eagle Stone had a muddy lake under it.

Anyone else get out?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
A day hiding from showers up near the Unconquerables at Stanage. Quick drying rock between the showers, managed Pot Black, Calvary and Comet.

Oli

• obsessive maniac
Got out to Froggatt this afternoon.
Artless was mingingly greasy, but Oedipus and Narcissus were mint.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Bounced around a few things at Apparent North ..... Not completely dry , but still worthwhile .... Heading out t' Stride/Cratcliffe in't morning .....

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Must get round to coming to do your Apparant North circuit, Crumpy. You around next week?

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
I will  indeed be spending a rare week in Sheffield .... Free most days until 14.30 after which  Crumpys major and minor take me in hand for a bit of physical and mental abuse ..... All of wednesday is also on the cards ..... Come and join me t'would be good to see y'all .....

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
RHS and Cratcliffe were both in good condition , although there was a bit of midge activity at the latter , have they started wrapping up warm for winter ?..... Burbage South (today) was very pleasant although some of the problems were a bit 'scrittly' ( a fine jaspersharpe word describing the movement of loose grit under your shoes ) ......

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
If the weather holds I'm going to be at Apparent North tomorrow attempting the sit start to my own 8b+ problem 'melton mowbray' ....

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
I'm up for it, Grumpy.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Mmmmm will there be pork pies available??

(*topically - NO, not those sort of "pork pies", sheesh)

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
I'll be there from about 3.30 ...... The 'cirque d' porc' starts at the top of the path with the classic 8a slab 'hand raised' .... A full buffet will be provided , bring your own plates and cutlery ......
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:09:48 pm by grumpycrumpy »

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Hope to see you on "The Porkies Circuit" later, Grumpy. Should I bring wine or beer?

I'm hoping to do Sausage Time and maybe The Crackling Traverse.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Has anyoe been out today?
Its currently wet in MCR but am going to head over in an hour or so unless I hear that its fucked

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's fucking glorious out of my office window but I'm in Northern Sheff so might be different out that way. Rainfall radar looks good though.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Looking pretty nice here in Fulwood, just depends if the rains going to follow you over from Manchester I guess.

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
Its currently wet in MCR

Shouldn't this be in the news section? Mods?

dave

STOP PRESS: Manchester in "weather as usual" SHOCKER!!!!

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
It has rained on and off in Hathersage this morning. The roads are currently still a bit damp but they are drying.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Hope to see you on "The Porkies Circuit" later, Grumpy. Should I bring wine or beer?

I'm hoping to do Sausage Time and maybe The Crackling Traverse.
For a bottle of weisse beer I'll show you the intracies of Brat(wurst) Pit .....

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
I'll bring a bottle of bock (wurst) beer.

Paul B

• forum hero
so... did anyone manage to climb today? I'm still trying hard to make sure I go out instead of in, so I spent this afternoon at trackside, conditions were poor. I know Jon had a little more luck but where else might have been a good bet on a day like today? (please don't say the works).

account_inactive

• forum hero
Wondered the same thing and ended up at the Tor, which was not bad at all.

Board session tomorrow if it's gopping

Plattsy

• forum hero
I was at Curbar too. Trackside was in poor condition. Bimbled on the mini prow which was dry. Gorilla warfare was damp. Back down to trackside where conditions were improving then the rain came about 3ish. Considered the ever dry burglar buttress (probably only of interest to punters) at Bell Hagg but no one else was interested and we ended up at...guess where... the works.

Paul B

• forum hero
At first we left the pads in the car but after about 30mins of wandering we decided it was worth a look, WRONG!

The tor would have been my first point of call but I had Nat in two and its still a little tricky for her unfortunately. Drop me a text we timings tomorrow Dylan. I've also got Tues-fri next week if you fancy getting out at some point?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal