UKBouldering.com

New Parisella's hit list (Read 19639 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#50 Re: New Parisella's hit list
November 30, 2007, 04:13:25 pm
If anyone could provide an animated gif of Adam kicking a stag beetles back door's in while holding its antlers, it would be warmly received by all South Lakes fans. Thanks.[/quote]
Will he be painting them white on the way out?

grimer

• forum hero
#51 Re: New Parisella's hit list
November 30, 2007, 04:29:07 pm
Hi JB your B&B story reminds me of one time climbing on LPT in the evening. As we were there, a sheep rolled off the clifftop, and landed in the boulder beach. We thought it was dead, but it rolled over and stood up again. We thought it was alright, but then the tide came in, and the sheep never moved. We watched as the water came up around its little black legs and eventually reached its wool. It was obviously going nowhere, and the tide was racing in. We decided to rescue it. Spanish Simon Senna waded out and pulled it onto dry land, but it still didn't move. Se we had to take turns at carrying it all the way up onto the road. There, it still didn't move, and being townies who knew nothing about beasts, we thought we better take it to a farmer, so we carried it, wet and stinking, all the way into Llandudno. We got as far as the hotel near the pier. Simon and his mate said they would go and phone a farmer (presumably under F in the book - this was the days before mobiles), while i would stay with the sheep. We sat it on the steps of the hotel, and it fell over. I sat there with it.

While they were away, people started rolling into the hotel. But they were all dressed as cowboys, and the women all looked like Bo Peep. One dude came along, with one such Bo Peep - stetson, black leather waistcoat, jeans into cowboy boots, spurs and a bullet belt on. His shoelace tie had a silver bull's head. He looked at me and the sheep and said 'Rustlin?'

I asked him why the cowboys, and he told me there was a wild west weekend on in the hotel. I said he didn't sound american, and he said he was from Blackburn.

With that he pulled this little silver plastic gun out of his holster and fired it towards the sheep a few times as some caps popped. He sort of did that waving thing with his hand like he was cocking the hammer. He blew at the top of the plastic gun, and pushed up the brim of his stetson, and went into the hotel.

Simon and his mate came back and said they had found a farmer. ten minutes later a Land Rover pulls up and a man gets out, grabs the sheep by the wool, and fucks it into the back of the Land Rover and drove off.

Doylo

• forum hero
#52 Re: New Parisella's hit list
November 30, 2007, 08:10:10 pm
I never bum insects in the Silverdale area, theres a decent brothel in Bolton le Sands with a couple of cheap dirty bitches. Ask nige for details.  Its a no brainer! :shrug:

BenF

• forum hero
#53 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 01, 2007, 07:41:53 am
If anyone could provide an animated gif of Adam kicking a stag beetles back door's in while holding its antlers,

Perhaps this could be the much discussed UKB t-shirt logo?  I'd wear it everywhere.

This is my favourite thread in ages.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#54 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 01, 2007, 10:39:07 am
Careful Adam if Gaskins hears you heal cut you in half with his laser vision

steven82

• player
#55 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 01, 2007, 03:58:47 pm
You are out of your mind. Its an embarrasment to the sport.

That be true, but its still better than grit  :lol:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#56 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 01, 2007, 05:21:19 pm
What drugs are YOU on?

Doylo

• forum hero
#57 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 01, 2007, 06:17:27 pm
Another busy day in the cave and pill box today. Jordan repeated Clyde which was cool. What a special place!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#58 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 01, 2007, 06:45:43 pm
Best box conditions I've ever encountered that's for sure.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#59 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 02, 2007, 07:38:47 pm
I'm intrigued to know whether it was dry today?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#60 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 02, 2007, 08:47:14 pm
Yesterday the conditions were just stunning! (Monolith, we just missed you I think, went round to Pill Box later on.)

JB - I didn't go today, but just spoke to Doylo; said he had a good session, some seepage, and a bit of water on the ground, but plenty of dry rock.

I've got some pics of Jordan on Clyde, will post in them in a bit, just to get JB psyched up for an Ormes trip.

Pantontino

• forum hero
#61 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 02, 2007, 09:13:05 pm

Jordan doing the business on Clyde V12/8a+ - the new cave classic!

Another pic here:

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=315

Just think JB, this could have been you today - you didn't need to go to the wall (Yes, my spies have already reported your presence in such an establishment this very afternoon!).

Doylo

• forum hero
#62 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 02, 2007, 09:54:15 pm
yes today myself and ding dong had a great sesh. The magnificent Pill Box was still mint too.

Hmm, the simple truth is I don't climb indoors.

Monolith

• forum hero
#63 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 02, 2007, 11:47:51 pm
Ex-child prodigy Matt Donnelly was crushing. The bastard had been boozing into the early hours only to force himself to the box for Drink Driving. Low and behold he was sticking Millenium Drive crux first go  :o Obviously not worth youtubing but the send isn't far off for him.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#64 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 12:50:11 pm
The only reason I went to the wall is because I don't have a car at the mo. Obviously had I had a car yesterday an Ormes trip might have been on the cards, however I would then have been able to go out on the grit on saturday and hence wouldn't have been bothered about the wall or the Orme come sunday. Its a catch 22.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#65 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 06:12:39 pm
Anyone been today? I`m planning on going tomorrow so need up to date condition report :please: and who`s Matt Donnelly?

Pantontino

• forum hero
#66 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 09:53:11 pm
There is a temperature rise coming late afternoon which could trigger some dampness, but I'll be over anyway. We had a Peak hit planned for tomorrow, but after various phone calls and forecast checks we decided to forgo the inevitable minging wet grit for the more dependable option of some Ormes limestone.

Paid a poeni boy, it'll be fine. As you well know, it (nearly) always is. :great:

Pantontino

• forum hero
#67 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 09:56:08 pm
...and who`s Matt Donnelly?

Answer: erstwhile child prodigy. Did Zeke when he was about 7 (I think).

Monolith

• forum hero
#68 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 10:03:28 pm
Answer 1b) General narcotics reservoir and hotbed of psyche. One day, he'll actually use his login instead of just reading won't you Matt ;)

Monolith

• forum hero
#69 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 10:06:01 pm
Si, I heard from some friends who left after me and Matt did on Saturday that there was a lantern session going down at the box. Was this true or just the light from a camera phone (or was he spinning me a yarn?)

Pantontino

• forum hero
#70 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 10:44:18 pm
Not sure, I had to leave before it got dark. I left behind a load of people - not sure if anybody had a lantern. Matt the solicitor quite often has lantern sessions in the cave.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#71 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 03, 2007, 10:51:20 pm
Paid a poeni boy, it'll be fine. As you well know, it (nearly) always is. :great:
Not really worried, the cave aint let me down yet this year  :whistle:

BenF

• forum hero
#72 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 04, 2007, 09:37:38 am
...and who`s Matt Donnelly?

Answer: erstwhile child prodigy. Did Zeke when he was about 7 (I think).

Nah, he was younger than that when he did Mecca (the route, not the pilgrimage).  In fact, Matt's only just turned twelve. 

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#73 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 04, 2007, 07:47:40 pm
Quite clearly there needs to be some V12-sponsored car hire/share thing to enable deprived Sheffielders to escape the pouring rain and dank gritstone and be ferried across to Parisella's Palace of Pleasure and Pain...

P.S. I had a look at Pillbox once when I was doing some Marine Drive routes (which were really nice, something like Plumbline shows how inspiring British limestone could be IF it didn't mostly look like the cave at a less steep angle). It actually looked really good for limestone and Pill Box Original is the first lime thing ever to feature on my semi-vague ticklist.

Doylo

• forum hero
#74 Re: New Parisella's hit list
December 05, 2007, 10:02:49 pm
Quite clearly there needs to be some V12-sponsored car hire/share thing to enable deprived Sheffielders to escape the pouring rain and dank gritstone and be ferried across to Parisella's Palace of Pleasure and Pain...

P.S. I had a look at Pillbox once when I was doing some Marine Drive routes (which were really nice, something like Plumbline shows how inspiring British limestone could be IF it didn't mostly look like the cave at a less steep angle). It actually looked really good for limestone and Pill Box Original is the first lime thing ever to feature on my semi-vague ticklist.

thats more like it fiend, a positive contribution to an Ormes thread for once! The Marine Drive routes are very nice but i must admit plumbline isn't one of my favourites. Yes Pill Box is good rock. it never fails to baffle me when it gets jibed by people who boulder on Kudos wall etc... Thers no comparison in rock quality!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal