UKBouldering.com

Heuco Wall - Wish... (Read 2936 times)

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
Heuco Wall - Wish...
November 05, 2007, 08:04:47 pm
Had my first visit to Cratcliffe the other day and tried out Wish on the Heuco Wall. Can somebody tell me how it ends!?

Easily get the great big hold as an undercut, right hand on the obvious edge... errr, what next!?

It's tempting to leap for the top but i'm thinking there's a more cunning way up???

Advice greatfuly received...

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
November 06, 2007, 08:04:38 am
It's tempting to leap for the top but i'm thinking there's a more cunning way up???

Is this the right hand one?  If so, I think we all went in one flowing (ie dynamic) movement to the ledge then got covered in slime traversing off.  If it's the left hand one you're refering to, I think it was pretty much the same.

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
#2 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
November 06, 2007, 11:18:44 am
Yeah thats the one!

The guide said via edges, i couldn't find any beyond the height of the large whole.

Guess i'll just have to jump a bit higher!

Cheers fella

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
November 06, 2007, 06:02:20 pm
No traversing off on these, mantel then scramble off right for the tick (some crawling involved to gain this exit after chapel of rest!)
There are a few ways of doing Wish, some use the crimp, some don't, almost two problems in fact but more two methods of covering the same terrain. I tend to do it as a big move, others pull through on the crimp. Worth checking where you're aiming for first, not quite a dyno though.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#4 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
October 20, 2011, 11:23:59 am
Seems as good a thread as any.

Has anyone done either of these recently. Specifically the left hand one (chapel of rest). Seemed like there moss and slime had taken over a bit. I felt like there was some bits I could have held if they'd been a bit cleaner. Or am I being a pansy? The top makes it quite tricky to get up there and have a look/brush.

The right hand one seemed much cleaner but still couldn't do it.

Cheers

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#5 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
October 20, 2011, 11:34:06 am
They tend to be better in the spring once the leaves have been off the trees for a while and they've seen a bit of traffic.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#6 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
October 20, 2011, 11:50:07 am
There's a decent hold to reach for on Chapel of Rest but it's a bit morpho. My better half can static into a fully straight position on this, and still not reach it. You can scramble/ crawl in from the right to inspect and clean the holds in the break if they need it.

andy_e

• forum hero
#7 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
October 20, 2011, 12:29:05 pm
I did Chapel of Rest static but my friend (with 6" less length than me) had to pop it (and try not to fly down the slope).

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#8 Re: Heuco Wall - Wish...
October 20, 2011, 03:03:23 pm
Cheers for the replies. Sounds like I'll need to pop. And I should get my wriggle on and inspect the top properly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal