UKBouldering.com

Decent accomodation in Manchester? (Read 1451 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Decent accomodation in Manchester?
November 07, 2007, 10:07:25 pm
The mrs has sprung an early surprise christmas present on me, tickets to the warehouse project on the 14th of Decmeber.

I was looking for a decent hotel to stop in on the Saturday night (15th) so we can stay down the whole weekend as we have a babysitter sorted.

Thing is, nearly everywhere is booked up all ready. Any local dudes point me in the direction of somewhere decent but not totally overpriced?

Ideally wanna be near to the town centre.

Cheers.

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Decent accomodation in Manchester?
November 07, 2007, 10:47:09 pm
Hmmm I stayed over that way with the missus in The Great John Street Hotel, its absoloutely ridiculously priced normally but due to them being a small establishment and being empty they did us an amazing deal, maybe worth a call?

Teaboy

• forum hero
#2 Re: Decent accomodation in Manchester?
November 08, 2007, 09:33:49 am
I've stayed im Malmaison a few times (even though I live in Manc) and it's great. I booked the room through lastminute.com and it was very reasonable

I've been to the place PaulB recommended for a drink and the bar is very good, quite opulent

Fatleg

• addict
#3 Re: Decent accomodation in Manchester?
November 08, 2007, 04:15:27 pm
Found a comfy bus shelter outside Oxford Road station once

Paul B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Decent accomodation in Manchester?
November 08, 2007, 04:29:10 pm
I've stayed im Malmaison a few times (even though I live in Manc) and it's great. I booked the room through lastminute.com and it was very reasonable

I've been to the place PaulB recommended for a drink and the bar is very good, quite opulent

because we got it on the cheap I was extremely reluctant to go anywhere near the food or bar however it all turned out to be quite reasonable. I also insisted on using the tub on the roof (despite the fact it was bloody cold) to get my moneys worth...now lets see where's the scruge (sp?) smiley...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#5 Re: Decent accomodation in Manchester?
November 08, 2007, 06:55:06 pm
If your stuck, your always welcome at chez Jim

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#6 Re: Decent accomodation in Manchester?
November 09, 2007, 11:00:31 am
Any local dudes point me in the direction of somewhere decent but not totally overpriced?

Sheffield  :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal