the shizzle > shootin' the shit

Heston Blumenthal chicken tikka recipe, anyone?

<< < (3/3)

Houdini:
Fear not Jim.  Ghee is a Gout Club approved product and will do you no harm (as long as you only use it once a week).  It's the slick of fat you see hugging the foil takeaway tray after it's sat for a while.

Last nights Ladyfinger/Okra Bhindi was drowned in it.   :great:

chappers:
last night's fish pie:
i was not keen.

he put too many extras in the mash in my opinion and it looked gash by the time he had finished with that sand and sea look.
anyone?

Paz:
I thought it looked great, even though I couldn't eat it apart form the Oyster and Langoustine.  If you went out for an expensive meal with someone though I'm not sure how happy they'd be if you listened to an MP3 of the seaside all night.  Or alternatively if it wasn't going well and you wanted an excuse to ignore them then that would be ideal! 

I'm trying to find real scampi in a chippie where it's real and not made up of `reconstituted arse end of the ugly fish' (that I can't eat) or whatever?  Any tips apart from `Big Posh Prawns' from Iceland maybe?  I guess you'd have to pay through the nose for them, but if anyone wants a cheaper option, then if you get chance then do try Crayfish tails.  And does anyone know where I can get Whale or Dolphin meat?

Heston does have some good tips - the onion and star anise thing works wonders.  Think I'll still do that for meatyness instead of buying special sea weed from a hippy shop.  Can't you just use MSG for Umami anyway?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version