UKBouldering.com

Brimham - conditions (Read 1104 times)

Three Nine

• forum hero
Brimham - conditions
October 30, 2007, 12:58:16 pm
Anyone been recently? Thinking of going there at the weekend - wondered if it'll be green?

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Brimham - conditions
October 30, 2007, 01:14:16 pm
it depends which bit your planning on going to.the first bit behind the car park bench mark area is rarely green unless its wet ditto jokers wall area.happy days area is almost never green.cleft buttress is only green on the bits you don't boulder on.the main edge round hatters goove tends to be green most of the time but if its been dry for a few days it should be ok.

Sypeland

• stalker
    • http://www.climbersbalm.com
#2 Re: Brimham - conditions
October 31, 2007, 10:54:14 am
Not been up recently, but I reckon  at this time of year some areas will be green, but it's never all green. There has been so little rain for the last few weeks/months I think you should be fine.
If not there is always the Cliff :goodidea:

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#3 Re: Brimham - conditions
October 31, 2007, 12:52:29 pm
I was up at Brimham last Friday and in general it was OK. While many of the more popular venues tended to be well chalked, there were quite a few classics which don't appear to have been climbed in recent weeks/months and, given that it was a bit of a dank day, some of these problems looked like they'd need a bit of a brush up to get them into condition. I visited Joker's Wall, Happy Daze, Red Tape, Cleft Buttress, Rittornal, the Niche and all these were OK. Some of the top pinnacles (things like Fantasy League) looked like they needed a quick brush. The outlying Hare Heads looked soft and gritty but then it always does. I would reckon it will be OK.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal